Tax savings & marriage

If you get married by the end of the year, you get an additional exemption, a larger standard deduction, and you get to use the married filing jointly tables. Grab a 1040A instruction book, and figure it out.

Dollars, not per-cents, although it does depend on your tax bracket.

If you get married by the end of the year, you get an additional exemption, a larger standard deduction, and you get to use the married filing jointly tables.  Grab a 1040A instruction book, and figure it out.

166527[/snapback]

That's really good advice , you will need the "taxbreaK" just to stay even with the additional costs of being married .But I don't think most of us have the 'TAX BREAK"as a motive to get married.

I from my experience that it is cheaper to be single , so anything I would be doing has a different primary motive -LOVE- HAPPINESS- COMPANIONSHIP

just to name a few

If you get married by the end of the year, you get an additional exemption, a larger standard deduction, and you get to use the married filing jointly tables.  Grab a 1040A instruction book, and figure it out.

166527[/snapback]

That's really good advice , you will need the "taxbreaK" just to stay even with the additional costs of being married .But I don't think most of us have the 'TAX BREAK"as a motive to get married.

I from my experience that it is cheaper to be single , so anything I would be doing has a different primary motive -LOVE- HAPPINESS- COMPANIONSHIP

just to name a few

166661[/snapback]

Sorrry for the incoherent post , the SO's interview is at 7:15 this morning and I have not been able to talk with her -it's worrysome - and it is compounded by a lack of sleep .

My Fate for at least today is in the hands of a VO

Richard