Can someone post the picture of the DHL van filled with file boxes being unloaded in front of the consulate that MoonCarolCafe had posted?

This will clear up the process a bit when you see a DHL van full of boxes of petitions being delivered to GUZ.

If your petition just missed the last shipment, it can easily be a month or 6 weeks until there are enough petitions to complete the next delivery. Add 2 to 4 weeks for them to go through a van full of petitions and enter the GUZ numbers, and there is the reason why your petition made it to China in 1 week and took 8 weeks to be delivered.

Why do they wait until there are 500Lbs of petitions before they pick them up? Good question. Maybe one of the Admins can ask GUZ directly!

Edited by cosmiclobster (see edit history)
So, I don't think that the delay from NVC to GZ is related to the Chinese Customs...right?

166242[/snapback]

Ah, but it is..........

166244[/snapback]

A Clue...??? Interesting, Very Interesting... :D

166246[/snapback]

Thanks for your message. 

The captioned shipment was sent to Immigrant visa section of
Guangzhou U.S 
consulate, it was held by CAN customs and required the consignee to
offer the customs cover for
clearance due to the heavy weight of 437kgs. 

We have informed the consignee, Ms Kerry, the requirement 
immediately when we got the
decision from cusotms, and who replied that would apply the customs
cover for clearance, but
the application time would be taken more than one month . 

We have kept pushing the consignee for the customs cover offering,
but the answer is still
applying .Only when we get the customs cover can we clear the shpt. 

By the way, Could you pls advise us your idetification : Shipper or
consignee or third party?

Should you have any query, please let us know. 

B.rgds.

Donald Mai / Customer Care Executive
DHL - Sinotrans Guangdong Branch 

166278[/snapback]

Well, there you have it, good people.

USCONGUZ confirms it (to a certain degree) :candle:

=======================================

Here. Let me spruce it up a bit for ya:.......:P

2. Customs delays. This is another topic that gets a lot of attention and my sense is that many feel we use this as an excuse to hide our inefficiency and sloth. Some have commented that the claim of cases held up by Chinese customs was phoney because the cases are shipped under diplomatic seal and therefore not subject to customs inspection. This is a simple one - IV cases are not shipped via diplomatic pouch. The State Department does not use DHL to ship diplomatic pouch mail. 

Now I'm really using

![/color][/b]..... 
Edited by tywy_99 (see edit history)
Let's be clear on this ...

USCONGUZ said they don't ship IV cases under diplomatic pouch.  I think we can accept this as true.

We think we know that the IV cases are shipped by DHL.  The handling and clearance of DHL shipments is an entirely different matter.  USCONGGUZ did not address the DHL point.

166782[/snapback]

What USCONGUZ posted is not what I would call "enlightening" news. That's been known for a long time.

The rescinding of visa petitions sent via diplomatic pouch is not news no more than China customs delaying DHL delivery of the petitions is. In fact, it's old news!

USCONGUZ has been doing his or her homework it seems. The user has gained knowledge of things that go on in this forum. I'm impressed.

I don't think I can put it any clearer.

=============================

Most posts have, for some years, received their files via DHL, which bypasses State Department mailroom facilities.  Only a few immigrant-visa-issuing posts, most notably those in India, had been receiving their mail through the diplomatic pouch.
Edited by tywy_99 (see edit history)

why won't they (USCONGUZ) respond to the DHL question? the package shipped from NVC on 10/17 arrived in Guangzhou on 10/19.... why won't the counsulate pick it up or provide the cover letter or whatever is necessary to move it along? other packages shipped since then have cleared........

hey MODS..... post it will you????

Edited by HanLi (see edit history)