I just called my wife. She just walked out of the consulate. They granted the visa. She picks it up Friday morning.

They only asked her a few questions... They asked her how we met, what I was doing when we met. They also asked her who my father was (he was the joint-sponsor). That was it.

Thank you all so much for your help with all of this madness! You guys (and gals) saved me a lot of time, money and stress.

She should be here in about a month, so I still have to wait to see her. But, the hard part is over.

I've seen a lot of questions asked that applied to my situation, so I want to tell my observations...

Tax forms: Many people have asked about filing back taxes ("I haven't filed for the past year or two, what do I do?"). I didn't file last year, so what I did was download last years form and mailed it in with a letter saying why I didn't file. My income was $0, so there were no penalties... This seemed to work fine.

Copies of passport: My wife had just a B&W copy, it wasn't notorised.

joint sponsor: I used my parents. For the past two years my income was $0. My father made plenty. There were no problems.

Proof of relationship: She took LOTs of pictures (no emails or phone records). They didn't ask to see them.

For our situation it seemed like if you have all of your ducks in a row, it will work out fine. Also, when my wife got to the window, she looked at the VO, smiled, and said, "Good morning sir, how are you?" That broke the ice and made him smile. That showed that she spoke English well.

Anyway, I am VERY happy.