How long will it take?

Although I don't directly address your question, the link below looks worthwhile to browse through.

-Happy Trails

Google

165244[/snapback]

Anyone with the least bit of experience with this "process" (in quotes because it wrongly implies an on-going system) will appreciate the "how much time do you have?" comment.

This is an unconscionable, insensitive and almost Kafkaesque procedure that humiliates, stifles, confuses, and disappoints, and then, only then, grudgingly, it seems, "grants" a husband and wife (or two lovers) the permission to actually share the same time-space continuum.

Our lives are in suspended animation waiting for this thing.

We're at ten months and cannot bear it much longer.

Although I don't directly address your question, the link below looks worthwhile to browse through.

-Happy Trails

Google

165244[/snapback]

Wow! Someone paid Google $60 to have that question answered for them.

And for all this time I've been giving my answers away for a piddly $1 each. I'm upping my price, answers are now $59.95 each!!

(answer to MPH's question = "about 10 to 14 months" (that'll be $59.95 please))

DCF is "Direct Consular File". THat means that you file at the consulate. Your file, it gets sent to Beijing. It's there for a month or two and then send to GUZ. You cut out all the US processing. It knocks about 6 months to a year of your wait. If you have a residence permit, you can DCF...

K-1 is a fiance visa. Usually the fastest and least hassle.

K-2 is for a minor child to accompany a K-1

K-3 is for the spouse of an american citizen waiting for the I-130 to be approved. It allows them to wait for the I-130 in the US.

K-4 is for minor children accompanying the K-3

CR-1 is the end result of the I-130 running it's course. Sometimes the I-130 and K-3 get approved about the same time. The CR-1 allows the spouse to have thier status adjusted upon entering the US.