Any CR-1/K-3 visa people focus here!

I am one of the CR-1 applicant who is waiting my visa after interview in NOV. it has been 7 months since I have seen my husband. I have read candle for so long but It is so sad to see not a lot CR-1 visa to be issued in the last few weeks. What are they doing on our namecheck now? we need to rise our voices and let DOS/GZ pay more attention on our immigrant visas!! It is truly unfair how they are treating us like terrorists and make lot families apart like this.

We are now trying to send emails and our CR-1 stories to medias as many as we can find. And we would like you a CR-1 suffer join us! Let people know we are not weak and we just want our loved one back home!@!

CR-1 /K-3 should move faster than other family member visa and should be more reasonable to get their visa sooner!

We want to make a CR-1 list here and add it on our new emails to media. All CR-1 people let us stay together!!!

:lol:

Hi SBS:

First of all, welcome aboard!!!

I noticed from your post that you joined on February 14 so I am not sure whether or not you are aware of some of the information hidden deep within some of the past threads. Although I am not a CR1, we are all in this mess together and all will gain victory together. I wanted to share something with you that you may not have read.

On February 10th myself and another member of Candle traveled to Guangzhou where we had a two hour meeting with Richard Adams, Chief of the Immigrant Visa Department. He was quite forthcoming and straight with us I think and, if you look back through the threads for a few pages you can find some of the information we surfaced at the meeting.

As to family based visas (excluding K1), Mr. Adams recently had his staff take all outstanding cases and put them on a disk and sent it directly to the FBI for the namechecks to be completed. Normally, there is another step involved, going through DOS before they get to FBI. He had to reformat all the data to accomodate the FBI computer system prior to sending the disk. This disk was sent to FBI on January 10. It had been Mr. Adams hope that this would expedite the process, especially for family based visas. Unfortunately, no one at FBI bothered to do anything with the disk until sometime around January 31. That was, if I am not mistaken, a Friday. So in actuality, they probably didn't start the process in earnest until Monday February 3, if even by then. Basically, FBI sat on the disk for three weeks without even touching it.

The good news is that these namechecks are supposedly being completed, or have been completed by now. The operative word here is "supposedly". We all know from past experience that we cannot always count on what they tell us.

The irony of all this is that the FBI, being an enforcement agency, has little concern with visas from China. According to Mr. Adams, they view Chinese visa applications as "low threat", therefore, low priority. He openly acknowledged that FBI focuses on the Middle East and Southeast Asia (ie Pakistan, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philipines, etc) as their main priority. Thus, China gets put on the back burner. As twisted as this sounds, it is typical law enforcement logic. If something does not pose an immediate threat, it does not get immediate attention. :angry: :angry:

At any rate, from the meeting my understanding is that this disk is now being processed and GZ hopes to have the clearances soon. As far as I can tell, it is all in Department of Justice hands right now. Of course, the best case scenario is that, as I write this, many of these clearances have been processed from the disk and sent back to GZ. Worst case scenario is that some of them are still waiting for FBI action.

Again, look back for threads on "What We Learned in Guangzhou" posted by OwenKrout and another one entitled something like "Additional Perspectives on the Guangzhou Trip", posted by myself. Might find some useful info hidden away in there.

Again, welcome aboard my friend and let us hope and pray that this nightmare ends soon and we awaken to the bright sun of reunion. :blink: :unsure: :huh:

Thank you so much for your great post, Mick! :P

Well my case has been resubmitted again on Jan.21th , still pending. My husband is contacting with his congressman now and hope he will help us to make more pressure on DOS. i have just read one post on 001 which is talking about how wonderful some congressmans are willing to help us to deal with this problem. My husband is in CA and i am wondering if someone else from the same state and can contact with my husband about too.

i am appreciate of all you guys having done here. I pray for everyone , no one lonelyness night wihtout our loved one!

My name check for k3 was sent to DoS on Dec 3. If what Mick said is right, there was another name check submission done by Gz with the disk. Since it had not gone through DoS, information desk people in DoS do not notice this resubmission. I called DoS last week and there is only one submission, Dec 3, 2002.

My name check for k3 was sent to DoS on Dec 3. If what Mick said is right, there was another name check submission done by Gz with the disk. Since it had not gone through DoS, information desk people in DoS do not notice this resubmission. I called DoS last week and there is only one submission, Dec 3, 2002.

That is correct. If what Adams said is true, then the disk submission would not appear on the DoS screen as it went directly to FBI. Please keep in mind that this is what we were told. I am not saying it is true, although Mr. Adams did seem sincere and I had no reason to doubt him based on the conversation. But, I am just reporting what he said. Take it with as many grains of salt as you deem necessary. :D

Darling;

We couple person both had disconsolate spend the second valentine's day.It's make us very heartbroken!I am painfully struggle in everyday.My life!If I can't see you again,so I will end up my life.....

May god bless us,let the ongoing nightmare of separation end soon.

I kisses your lips.

Lapoa

I received this Email from my wife in ChongQing, China today.

I am a K3 applicant. My wife interview was approved September 3, 2002.

We have not got any information on our Visa case yet. I have 4 children and my wife has one child.

Does our government care that we become another victim of 9/11?

Bruce

Aloha from Hawaii SBS,

A few months more and our status will change from CR-1 to IR-1 ( married for more than

two years ). I hope not. It helps to know that you are not alone with this problem and to

know that your GG is doing what he can. My wife is in Beijing and 001.com helps to keep

her from going crazy.

Myles aka Annakuen'GG