Should i do this

I will be in GZ for my fiancees interviewon Nov 4 . Of course she will have my passport in hand when she goes into the "chambers".

I was thinking of e-mailing the consulate to let them know I will be there. I am trying to think of ways to make damn sure they know I'm outside, and an e-mail will also create a trail in case we need to reference proof. of course, that dated e-mail will correspond with all my boarding passes, etc.,

This whole idea was prompted by the suggestion that I register my local GZ address with American Consulate Services prior to the interview, so I'll be in the computer system for their direct reference.

I was thinking of writing a friendly short e-mail stating I will in Guangzhou on the day of the interview, ready to answer any questions.

I can't decide if this is a great or awful idea...Your opinion?

Thanks for your support !

I think that's a good idea Alex. Also you can register your trip online right now with DOS. Yes, definently go in and register at the consulate as soon as you arrive.

Good Luck to you Alex my prayers are with you :)

Alex ,it may not help but registering may have some importance if there is an emergency or some civil unrest etc .

164417[/snapback]

I know they don't care about me,but in times of trouble we need to be creative. Who knows, perhaps someone idea will help many that come after.

I have further developed my idea, and it may matter more if my Congressmans office communicates my travel plans to GZ..

Hey, I'm trying!

When I went to China to overcome Bing's denial I wrote a short friendly note to the VO stating I was in China to submit overcome evidence and at their service if they had any questions. I had Bing give it the VO when she went in. I was polite but also firm in my resolve to bring my bride home. Must not have hurt we were approved.

Alex,

go for it!! your approach cannot hurt.... they will see your seriousness in this relationship...