Background Check Question

My naturalization background check is done within 2 days. I was told USCIS is using the FBI for the background check based upon your fingerprints and name for the Naturalization. In addition to the name check, do NVC and Guangzhou Consulate also use the same FBI route for the background check for K1 and K3?

Thanks!

Edited by SallyHon (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
My naturalization background check is done within 2 days. I was told USCIS is using the FBI for the background check based upon your fingerprints and name for the Naturalization. In addition to the name check, do NVC and Guangzhou Consulate also use the same FBI route for the background check for K1 and K3?

Thanks!

163569[/snapback]

The exact system is not known. Here is a link however that will provide you some good general knowledge....

http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress04/garrity022504.htm

Guest ShaQuaNew
I guess an uncommon name may speed up the process.

163952[/snapback]

The process would go very quickly for Andy Griffith, Beaver Cleaver, June and Ward Cleaver, the Osmond Family, and other squeaky clean folk. If there are no hits in the criminal history after they enter the names of the petitioner and beneficiary in various and sundry manners they simply push the petition on. If there is a hit, whether valid or not, a live person must investigate and adjudicate.

Thanks!

163569[/snapback]

I understand that the naturalization background check is based solely on the fingerprints that you provided while the K-1/K-3 background checks are based on the name of the indivual since no fingerprints would have been obtained at the time. Whether this is correct, I don't know, but it might explain why naturalization checks run much more quickly that visa application checks.