Discovered an Error on my forms!

I *just* found out about an error on my 130 and 129F. It is minor, but I have no idea what to do about it...

My SO uses a translator to email me. The translator screwed up her mother's date of birth. I was given 06/04/35 and it is 07/04/35. The I-130 was received by the VSC already. No NOA1 yet, but the 129F paperwork is done. It also says 06/04/35. I'd change it but there are three compelling reasons why I don't really think it is best: 1) The 130 has the date I was given by the translator, and I don't know if it is wise to have different information on each form... 2) Being that she was born in 1935, maybe the official date and the practiced date are different, because of lunar vs. julian calendars, or how records were kept back then... 3) changing the now completed I-129F information means that I would need to send a complete set of G325a's back to China for SO's signature which will be time consuming, if not spendy.

I don't know what to do.

Sorry for the lame nickname, but I know the consulate watches this site and I dont want my case tossed because of posting on here.

Thank you for any help! :o :blink: :o :huh: :unsure: :unsure:

I wouldn't worry about it.  It is a very minor error.  I doubt very seriously that they even check such things.

163385[/snapback]

I hope you are right... I'm shaking from the news.

I am fairly new to all this, read way too many posts about delays, overcomes, and rejections, and so now I think I need some Tums :o :unsure: :unsure:

163386[/snapback]

I made a slight error on my I-129 F too. I accidently checked the box saying my wife (then fiancee) had been to the US. Nothing ever came of it. A typo of your mother in law's birthdate by one month is very minor.

it's a typo, if asked, be prepared to explain...

have some cheetos and relax......

like the others said, i wouldn't worry about it... My mother-in-law uses the Chinese Calendar for her birthday, so each year it's different. My wife has her interview in a week and nothing has ever come up regarding the birthday. Personally, I wouldn't even bother to note the typo.

I also wouldn't worry about it. You are not required to submit any official documents that have your SO's (official/real) parents birthdates on them. I kinda doubt that the American Embassy will sift through the Chinese birthdate records of her parents to see if they are the same as what you stated.

Also, Amy was born on the 12th but the Chinese govt says she was born on the 24th, so the 24th it is! :P

BTW, you can submit updated info via a cover sheet and not have to resend any or all paperwork... I did this for an incorrect date.

I was not RFE'ed for it, but I caught it... and sent the correction back with the RFE for something else.

163428[/snapback]

You could do as David suggests but it is such a minor error that additional paperwork might just confuse them and do more harm than good.