Two Interview Dates????

Hey there,

So my wife tells me her Interview letter states she has a CR1 Interview on the 7th and a K3 Interview on the 8th. I'm guessing the K3 is automatically cancelled after the CR1 interview, but if things go south, does the K3 (with less requirements) serve as a back-up? I hadn't read anywhere about this so I'm mildly curious. Any thoughts? As always, thanks so much!!

Dave

first time I have seen this.... but from past posts, the CR-1 takes precedence....

good luck with one or both... :o

Hey there,

So my wife tells me her Interview letter states she has a CR1 Interview on the 7th and a K3 Interview on the 8th.  I'm guessing the K3 is automatically cancelled after the CR1 interview, but if things go south, does the K3 (with less requirements) serve as a back-up?  I hadn't read anywhere about this so I'm mildly curious.  Any thoughts?  As always, thanks so much!!

Dave

163374[/snapback]

Take a look at ty's post on K-3 vs. CR-1/IR-1 processing: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=139225

Sounds to me like you won't be able to use the K-3 as a back up if the CR-1 interview goes south. It also sounds to me like you're going to have to fish or cut bait on which one to go with. Chances are, if you do nothing, GZ will cancel the K-3 and go with the CR-1.

Don't forget that visas can be turned down at the pickup. Would it be playing it safe to plan on going to the K-3 interview even if the CR-1 interview is successful? She won't have the K-3 visa until at least the day after the CR-1 interview. Or is one canceled ahead of time?

My guess is that they saw her picture, liked it and wanted to see more of her!!! :P :lol:

Seriously though, go with the first CR1 and when the VO says she's passed, have her mention the K3 interview tomorrow and ask what should be done. I would not go to the second one pretending that the first one never happened!

Just my take as you are the only one I know of on CFL that this has happened to!!! :lol:

I'll take the extra....... :)

Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions...I'll go with David's suggestion and email the consulate tonight about so hopefully that will open up a spot for someone else on the 8th. Yes, I agree with the notion that both were so close together that it just fell through the crack.

Dave