Am I the Only One?

Hi! I have a couple of questions. But the one that struck me first is that most of the posts I read are about an American Man with a Chinese woman. I'm an American woman with a Chinese man. Am I the only one on this site? Also, do you think this will have any effect on the interview? Is there anyone else out there with experience with this that they could tell me about?

I am currently living in China with my fiance, and have been since the first of January this year. Our interview is on the 22nd of November at 7:15AM. I have to admit that I'm really nervous about it. Not because I feel we don't have enough proof, and not because we're unprepared, but just because it is frightening to me to have someone else have so much power over my life :P It's hard having waited so long, and then having it come down to someone else's belief in what you are telling them (or showing them).

So, any advice, or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, and thanks to all of you sharing your experience, I have found and used a lot of your information on this site. :blink: Thanks!

~~Jenn...

Good luck on the interview!

Pictures! have photos of the two of you with family and friends. Let him bring your passport into the interview to show how long you have been there. You might try messaging some of the women members here like Amberzhu, Beijingjenny, jgrier, sylinchinastill. They might be able to give some advise.

I made a CD of serveral years of pictures together as a screensaver. She gave that to him when asked for pics and that was the end of the questions.

There are several of our American CFL sisters in this group. As Don said most have run the process. They still pop in now and then to keep us men in line. We are glad for it. The process is the same. As Don said there doesn't appear to be any difference. Prepare for the interview the same. I would suggest you read David's FAQ he wrote for us. There is a lot of information on this site and don't hesitate to ask if you have a question. Someone here will know the answer.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Your observations are quite correct. The VAST majority of those that post on this site are American men with a Chinese spouse or fiancee. There are a few American women though that do post from time to time and it's always nice to hear from them. Most of the areas here are testosterone based so having feminine input helps keep things on track.

Good luck to you. I wish I were there with you in China.....Heck, I may be moving there if my petition doesn't start moving soon....

;)

Don't worry, you don't have to do anything different due to gender....

good luck on the interview.

Welcome Jenn!

Yes, there are a few of us around here. We often hang out at smallworld too, our "own" forum. I'll PM you the address if I get a chance later, if Amber hasn't already!

I think we generally have the least problems with interviews, often because we are already living with our hubby/fiance in China.

We are back in the states since March 31 and had twin boys four months ago. But we lived in China for nearly 4 years (well, I did. He was already there... :P

Anyway, don't worry so much. And feel free to pm or email me with any questions.

Hi Jenn, welcome to CFL! My interview date is Nov 15, so I'm right there with you.

Beijingjenny, I wasn't aware of the domicile problem. I do have bank account information from the US....not sure if I can dig up those plane tickets, but probably can. Anything else to prove domicile? Has it been a problem in the past?

thanks everyone for your support!

I knew that the support might be an issue, but if i have a notorized job offer, and I made over the poverty level all the years before when I was working in the states as a programmer, would that be sufficient? Should I still get a co-sponsor?

And as for domicile... I have bank records and stuff, I can just take those, is that enough? Thanks again!

~~Jenn...