Someone "hung up" the K-1 on Valentines'

Guest jennifer_lam

oh..as one of the 001 board managers there, A little upset about some guys' comment on 001 forum. I hope they don't judge like that anymore and even doubt what 001 girls r becuase of some joking message on 001 board. We 001 girls help and encourage each other just like what u guys did here. :unsure:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh..as one of the 001 board managers there, A little upset about some guys' comment on 001 forum. I hope they don't judge like that anymore and even doubt what 001 girls r becuase of some joking message on 001 board. We 001 girls help and encourage each other just like what u guys did here.  :unsure:

Jennifer got to be defensive here?? hehe..I think some gentlemen here use translation software to read 001 board messages and it might have lost somewhere with the meaning sometimes..Misunderstanding at some point is understandable.... :blink: ;)

Furthermore, is that true women speak different "language" than men at times??? :) :P

oh..as one of the 001 board managers there, A little upset about some guys' comment on 001 forum. I hope they don't judge like that anymore and even doubt what 001 girls r becuase of some joking message on 001 board. We 001 girls help and encourage each other just like what u guys did here.  ;)

Jennifer got to be defensive here?? hehe..I think some gentlemen here use translation software to read 001 board messages and it might have lost somewhere with the meaning sometimes..Misunderstanding at some point is understandable.... :P :P

Furthermore, is that true women speak different "language" than men at times??? :D :P

La Diva,

And all this time, I thought my babel goldfish language skills were incredable! :unsure: :blink: :) Couldn't agree with you more. 001 and candles are the same but in different languages. Sometimes, we both have someone that might get carried away for whatever reason. That is the nature of having so many different people with different prospectives as members. :D :D :P

THANK YOU CHARLOTTE!

I would encourage you to post on 001 about your perceptions of living in the US and what new comers can expect. It will help prepare them for the culture shock and home sickness they are bound to experience. We US dudes (and at least one frenchie) think this is heaven and all is wonderful - so...no problem. Truth is, it is so different here that some will not find it very appealing. Sadly, a few will decide to return to China. You, dear lady, are in a unique position to help build a bridge and I implore you to begin construction. I am totally convinced that your input on 001 will be as welcomed and respected as it is here on Candle. Please consider this very seriously.

Don, thank you for your encouragement. I will consider you suggestion when I get the chance. As a matter of fact, I would write something about some conflicts of views/customs on the same subject in both cultures, i.e. greetings, table manners, social gatherings,etc. I will probably do it in English since most girls on 001 would be able to read English, just having trouble translating for their GGs in a more idiomatic way. I will do my best. I am waiting for this clearance is all over and when everyone is safe and sound here we will have time to deal with day to day life then.

Incidentally I got caught in this mess for my daughter's visa, but for some reason, I feel for the crowds on both boards. Maybe it is because I am in the path that most of you will be on very soon. My time is just ten years ahead of all of you.

For the fun of it, here is my timeline ten years ago:

Marriage: 8/17/92

First application at INS in Dallas: 8/18/92

CR-1 visa - 10/17/92 - interview/approval and conditional green card in the mail.

IR-1 visa interview 8/19/1994 and approved -- green card (actually pink) in the mail

US citizen swear-in ceremony -- Oct 1996

How time has changed !!! -- our gov't gets really more efficient with more budget deficit. :o ;) :( :angry :rolleyes:

PS: I came to US as a graduate student in 1989 and met my hubby on campus -- swear I did not take any credit courses from him, no requirement in my course plan :) :P :P :P