14 months and counting

I have entered into the 14th month and not even a clue about progress after GUZ entry early July. Will go Senator, Congressman route soon. Four years of military service and years of paying taxes and can't get the time of day from your consulate. Buy a pin number. Been there done that. What a joke. Name check still with FBI? Major security risk? My wife is a retired librarian and I am a old man who may die before this process is completed. Living in Nanning as I am married and like to be with my wife. Filed I 130 September and 129 in November. Sorry, Needed to write something to vent my frustrations.

I sometimes refer to the "vast conspiracy of middle-aged Chinese women scheming to enter this country to destroy our way of life" in explaining why my wife and I have been married for nine months and we still don't have a visa.

She's a Doctor. At least (I am reasonably sure) "the case has been entered into the computer in Guangzhou." Who knows.

Does it help that we all empathize with you and that we are all, more or less, in the same boat?

Thank goodness you have the opportunity to live in Nanning together until our elected officials decide to do their jobs (what could be more important work than the "pursuit of happiness" they are mandated to ensure us by the Constitution)?

In the mean time, you should have a nice supply of books to read . . .

Guest ShaQuaNew

Not 14 months, but still stuck in the process. Getting stuck like that could be anything, but it does seem that eventually everyone gets unstuck. The hardest part about being stuck is watching everyone pass you in the fast lane....

I sometimes refer to the "vast conspiracy of middle-aged Chinese women scheming to enter this country to destroy our way of life" in explaining why my wife and I have been married for nine months and we still don't have a visa. 

She's a Doctor. At least (I am reasonably sure) "the case has been entered into the computer in Guangzhou."  Who knows.

Does it help that we all empathize with you and that we are all, more or less, in the same boat? 

Thank goodness you have the opportunity to live in Nanning together until our elected officials decide to do their jobs (what could be more important work than the "pursuit of happiness" they are mandated to ensure us by the Constitution)? 

In the mean time, you should have a nice supply of books to read . . .

162220[/snapback]

Thanks for the support everyone. I am sort of semi-retired and able to stay in Nanning for extended periods of time. We have actually managed to act as export agent on a small basis which is creative and passes the time. Going to the Asean Expo in Nanning tommorrow. There is so much opportunity in this country. I am missing football and basketball season which is hard. Was hoping to make my wife a Oregon Duck fan but the bureaucrats have delayed that. You start to wonder if GUZ is ever going to find your name.

Don't delay another minute, contact your congressman and senator right away, it has been too long for you. Maybe they can shake something loose, part of the problem may be that your wife has a common name, and I have heard that this can slow things somewhat. My process has just shaken loose at the NVC and they should be forwarding my case to GUZ very soon.

Best wishes and hang in there!!!

Don't delay another minute, contact your congressman and senator right away, it has been too long for you.  Maybe they can shake something loose, part of the problem may be that your wife has a common name, and I have heard that this can slow things somewhat.  My process has just shaken loose at the NVC and they should be forwarding my case to GUZ very soon.

Best wishes and hang in there!!!

162677[/snapback]

my petition was reapproved on July 12, then NVC sent it to Guangzhou on August 25th. Now it's a matter of waiting for the appointment . I was told the wait between NVC and guangzhou should be about two months, so i expect to hear something soon. Godd luck to you on your case as well!

Alex, hope it is very, very soon. It's time for your ordeal to end.

162755[/snapback]

Thanks everyone for the support and replies. Don I am a Duck supporter and we are going to kick butt on the beavers. Alex that is horrible. Two years and no response. What have you done to try and shake things loose?