This sucks

We are all sorry about the (temporary) rejection, but that's why we're here: to support each other. If things always went smoothly, there would be little need for this forum.

Most of the comments so far have emphasized the core issue -- is your current marriage valid?

Whether you two met on-line, in a bar, or at a church social is irrelevent. You're married; you'll get a visa. Just hang in there.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you can provide all of the requested evidence, then there should be no problem.

I think they do this on cases that they see as possibly marginal just to see if the petitioner is really committed to the relationship. If you show up in GZ with her and the evidence, your chances are excellent that you will get the visa.

Don't dispair! :D

As long as you can provide all of the requested evidence, then there should be no problem.

I think they do this on cases that they see as possibly marginal just to see if the petitioner is really committed to the relationship. If you show up in GZ with her and the evidence, your chances are excellent that you will get the visa.

Don't dispair! ;)

161713[/snapback]

I am not sure if I will get a clear picture of why the blue slip. I asked my wife what's on the blue slip. She said more document needed but it's the document that she brought with her which the guy didn't even review.

One possible theory is that when they asked her how many times that I have come back to China, she said "3times" The VO said "1 time". She repeated "3 times" again. At this point, VO asked for photos but he didn't even look at them. I have been back 2 times since I have known her. The one other time I went back to China was 1992. At the time, we kind of know of each other.

I got to know her better after my divorce and it was the suggestion of our parents. We talked on the phone for a few months and I got to like her a lot because of her personality, family values and when I see her in person after all these years, I just couldn't help but got married with her in GuangZhou. So this is the history of how we met.

From reading you guys' responses, there will be letters asking about what evidence we needed to provide? If they asked to provide the 1st time visit back in 1992, I am not sure how to get my passport back because they took the old passport when they issued me the new one :blink:

Did you visit your current wife on the 1992 visit? I hate to say it, but it sounds like that might have raised a red flag with the VO. Even if you did visit your wife in 1992, it conflicts with the years that you were previously married. I'm just speculating, but I wonder if the result would have been different had you only included visits that were recent and well documented.

I understand how disappointed you both must feel, but you will overcome this. Keep the faith!!!

Did you visit your current wife on the 1992 visit? I hate to say it, but it sounds like that might have raised a red flag with the VO. Even if you did visit your wife in 1992, it conflicts with the years that you were previously married. I'm just speculating, but I wonder if the result would have been different had you only included visits that were recent and well documented.

I understand how disappointed you both must feel, but you will overcome this. Keep the faith!!!

161752[/snapback]

No. when I went back in 1992, it was a vacation. But since the VO asked how many times I had been back, my wife wanted to give an honest answer, which is 3 times. Had he asked how many times I had been back to see her, she would have given a different answer which is 2. But hind sight is 20/20. She said that she couldn't really explain the answer of 3 or that the VO wasn't interested.

sorry to hear of this.

You need to see the slips to determine exactly what you need.. can she email you scans of them ?

It does sound like the answer of "3" has caused this issue.. with the VO correcting her as a sign of the "3" not being what he expected.

Your overcome probably should include explaining and validating as best as possible the "3" trips (to support her comment) ... And lay out clearly the visits to her.

Be persistent in your quest and you will get the visa...

• 1 month later...
Sorry to read about your delay.  I hope it works out quickly for you.

161808[/snapback]

I just want to give an update and share my experience with you all just my way of giving back to this very informative forum.

First of all, my wife got the VISA :cheering: We hired a law firm which has 2 offices above and below the embassy. For those of you who are just in the beginning of process, save your self troubles and hire a law firm. Had I hire them from the beginning, my wife would have been here at least more than 6 months ago. I had both CR1 & K3 in Guangzhou at the same time but they never process my K3. I found out that if a lawyer gets involve, they will process the k3.

In any case, I will give the update for those of you read my 1st post. After my wife got the blue slip, we hired the law firm. 2 days later, I received an email from the law firm detailing the overcome evidence that I need to collect. They also adviced me to take a trip to GuangZhou and do some traveling with my wife and take more pictures. There's a lot more than that in the email but not sure how useful my information be to you guys. Like they say, everyone's situation is different. To make a long story short, I got my ticket and spent about 3 weeks with my wife in GuangZhou. The first week was mostly traveling with my wife and taking pictures. I handed in the overcome to the law firm the 2nd week. They were pretty confident that getting my wife the VISA is not a problem as I have very complete overcome evidence. They were right, we got the VISA approval on the 3rd week. However, it was a little too tight to get a seat for my wife on my return flight. We were lucky enough to reserve a seat for her on different date and traveling with my relative. There are quite a few law firm that handles these kind of thing so you guys need to do you home work. We were lucky enough to pick the right one. The lawyer for this firm has been doing this for a long time. And if it means anything, the lawyer that deals directly with the consulate is American. The people that I come in direct contact with were very nice people too. I was just amazed how patiently they explain things to me with a smile at all time. Like I said, I won't be doing this again, but if I were some of the new guys here, I would hire a law firm to handle these things for me.

Well, good luck to all of you who are in the middle of it and sorry for the long post.

EdG:

All's well that ends well...I think that there are some very mixed emotions here about hiring an attorney...however, in your case it sounds like the right course.

I think that your presence in GuangZhou is very influential in overcome situations.

PS. I hired an attorney and have no complaints...some have not been so lucky.

I am happy for you,

Phil

Most blue slips are overcome on the first try with or without an attorney. If the denial is simply a matter of gathering a few documents to submit then IMO an attorney would be a waste of money. If there are extenuating circumstances such as third party correspondence then a lawyer is a good idea. There are a lot of scam artists in GZ who will promise you a visa for an exorbitant fee. Peter Paget (king) is the only lawyer I would recommend in GZ.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)