Long Distance Alternative...

See if pincity.com has a local access number in your area. They have printable records, their rates are about the same as onesuite and they have a toll free number your SO can acess to use the same phone card in China. Keep in mind the China end is very expensive, about 60 cents a minute. What we would do is when she would call we would hang up and I'd call her right back.

Well, We have been using VOIP & for the Money, and flexability, it has worked for us. I can call anywhere in the Continental USA for free, ($29.00 / mo) talk as long as we want 24 hrs/ day.

When I call to china, it's about .32/min.

Now what is wierd is, I brought the Voip box with me when I came here to assist the SO with packing, have called home seveal times, & I have yet to get a bill. Not one red Cent. Nothing, Nadda. Pretty cool if you ask me.

So, I have ordered another box to give to her sister (since her sister has DSL_ and we are hoping the good fortun will continue. If so, then it would be a great deal & she will be able to stay intouch with her family :huh: