GUZ has spoken

HanLi

It is refreshing to see that GUZ is now more active and providing additional information. and I hear a loud chorus of applause.....

thanks GUZ

As long as we aren't looking for special preferential treatment by GZ, but only a fair shot, any complaints we have should be received as trying to fix the situation. If we go overboard and gripe about things that are well beyond their control and insisting them correct them our contact with them will fade away.

So far it's a great start and hopefully our input will help others in the future.

As long as we aren't looking for special preferential treatment by GZ, but only a fair shot, any complaints we have should be received as trying to fix the situation. If we go overboard and gripe about things that are well beyond their control and insisting them correct them our contact with them will fade away.

So far it's a great start and hopefully our input will help others in the future.

162641[/snapback]

162641[/snapback]

162641[/snapback]

I think that it is only fair to be reasonable and give them the courtsey that you would give others that use this site .

They probably DID NOT have to communicate with the CFL

so let's give them credit for that !

Maybe we will get more Customer Service versus the complaint of

customer NO service.

No one here is in their shoes and knows exactly what goes on there and how much of a work load that they have .

I have had plenty of overseas or foriegn service as a Govt employee and NONE of it EVER was Fun , exciting or easy .

However I never worked for the DOS only the USDA or the US ARMY

Guest ShaQuaNew

You know...I have seen how our government works after which I learned the many gears of the big machine rarely mesh, I'm aware that grease and oil have little affect on the system. Learning how the process works is good, but what is most effective is openly and effectively publicizing inefficiencies. Dates, statistics, names, places, titles, quotes as per law work. Always did, and will continue as long as we have our current constitution. Government officials hate being proven wrong, but it's easy to do so. They are always over ambitious with issues relating to immigration.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

we can always find things wrong with the machine, let's try looking for what might be right... I have followed some of GUZ's posts and they are trying to provide information and direction...

They didn't have to come here!!!

I go back to my original post...

Thanks GUZ

Guest ShaQuaNew
QUOTE(donahso @ Oct 24 2005, 01:46 PM)

I had a short phone conversation with Garrity a few years ago. Between that and other conversations with well placed people in DOS, I concluded that the testimony addressed only the VISAS CONDOR clearances. As I asked in the initial post: "I'd also like confirmation that VISAS CONDOR is not part of the process for K and CR/IR visas." Unless CONDOR is part of the K and CR/IR visa process, the testimony is irrelevent to us.

My other question that went unanswered is: "...DOS uses CLASS, VISAS EAGLE and VISAS HAWK. My question, in addition to the above, is which VISAS check is done by NVC and which by GZ?"  Back when my wife and I went through the process, both EAGLE and HAWK were requested by GZ. When approved petitions started going to NVC, it appeared that both were done there until we starting seeing info about a second check being done after the file got to GZ. So, are you doing something new? Or, are you doing the VISAS HAWK?

One thing that was confirmed by Garrity is that his section does not do the HAWK. That is performed elsewhere either inside the FBI or through a contractor. I never could get confirmation that it was subcontracted, but had innuendos that it was true. I really don't care at this point, but do want to know who submits the request; you or NVC?

The 2004 testimony specifically mentions MANTIS clearances, but many of the obstacles that prevent timely clearances apply to other types of name checks as well. We cannot get into the specifics of what particular name checks are performed, nor from where they are submitted. However, we wanted to provide CFL members what information we could, and let you know that we do follow-up with Washington on a weekly basis on all outstanding clearances.

I do very much appreciate the feedback that we are receiving from what appears to be a real person inside the big Guz machine. With that being the case we all should know that the politics that surround immigration and namechecks is huge, and living in the shadow of 9/11. Even though the government of the United States is "of the people" the FBI, CIA, and other elite law enforcement agencies have little to no accountability "to the people."

I agree that exposing the specifics of the how they are doing security and namechecks gives add aid to our enemies, who may in turn use that knowledge to circumvent the system and do us harm. Because of this there is a fine line of keeping the system moving efficiciently and keeping the people informed that the system is working in the best possible manner.

With the current system, when US citizen seeks to gain information about the process they are given the same canned answers:

"Security Check is in process we will let you know...."

...and in the light of 9/11 many elected officials are afraid of pushing for more information for fear of being labeled as one that is willing to compromise national security for the sake of gaining information. If that happens it can be the end of a career for a Senator or Congressperson.

As citizens we deserve more than that. More than being content that when the man goes behind the curtain that we simply wait until (and in many cases if) he / she emerges. It's a condescending process where they hold ALL the cards.

I know the system can work better, and I for one have no patience for the system behind the curtain having little to no accountability to the people. Every now and then we get tossed a bone and a vague one at that. They continue to tell us how overwhelmed they are and how much they are expected to accomplish. Tough ain't it? Well, get un-overwhelmed and quit your whining. Fix the system or move out of the way and let someone move in that can. :angry:

edit...

I also realize the importance of having someone on the inside to help us. We all have a voice here though we might not always agree, our objectives remain pretty much the same...

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)