When GUZ will send P3

Since I have to go back to my hometown to pick my P3 package so I'd like to know:

1. Will GUZ call me before they send out P3?

2. I was told that P3 usually will be mailed in two weeks after my case cleared the GZ customs, so when can I call DOS to know the date, several days from now? Or just tomorrow? :D

Thanks.

161386[/snapback]

I want to know that too..~~~

Here are the last 20 or so people who have provided the needed information to calculate the time from NVC approval to their P3. I would say a reasonable average is thirty or less days based on previous older data that seemed to indicate that they get these out usually within two weeks or less from when GUZ enters it into the computer ( so whoever told you two weeks, it seems to fit the data gathered as well, sparse as it is).

(The numbers fluctuate because we can not get everyone to reliably give the same P3 date, which is the date printed on their P3).

(The second set of less numbers are from those who gave the P3 date and a GUZ computer entry date, of which the data get even more sparse).

Therefore, I would say if you don't get it in two weeks, it would be reasonable to start calling.

Numbers of days from NVC approval to P3 (My assumption is two weeks for mail from NVC to GUZ, then two weeks from Guz to P3)

Number of days from Guz computer entry to P3 date.

Edited by nooneufo (see edit history)

Some USCs have reported the P3 being mailed to them.. possibly the consulate could not verify the SOs address (?). Of course, this is a pain since it must be mailed to the SO, etc... and then best for the SO to contact GUZ to verify the mailing address to be used.

(these comments may not be applicable for CR1, where an 'agent' gets the forms, and this could be the USC).

For the CR-1's, the USC can be named the Agent, and all mailings will go to the USC.

good question, haven't gotten to that stage yet, I hope they will send copies to SO also, that is what they did with the DS-230.

I will keep you updated

Here are the last 20 or so people who have provided the needed information to calculate the time from NVC approval to their P3. I would say a reasonable average is thirty or less days based on previous older data that seemed to indicate that they get these out usually within two weeks or less from when GUZ enters it into the computer ( so whoever told you two weeks, it seems to fit the data gathered as well, sparse as it is).

162606[/snapback]

Thanks for the info.

I will contact GZ to verify my mailing address.

Thanks for your infomation.

162606[/snapback]

Thanks for the info.

162891[/snapback]

i want to varify my address with them as well..am having a feeling that they could send the package to the milddle of nowhere if they ever miswrote my address,or misread my address..

but i was told that by varifying the address may get the visa staff more confused and that would lead to even worse situation? is that true?

So what's the best way to varify or say just to change the whole address and let them know? is there a number that i can ring up and talk to somebody who can jot my new address down with my cases on the phone?

Thanks..

162606[/snapback]

Thanks for the info.

162891[/snapback]

i want to varify my address with them as well..am having a feeling that they could send the package to the milddle of nowhere if they ever miswrote my address,or misread my address..

but i was told that by varifying the address may get the visa staff more confused and that would lead to even worse situation? is that true?

So what's the best way to varify or say just to change the whole address and let them know? is there a number that i can ring up and talk to somebody who can jot my new address down with my cases on the phone?

Thanks..

163124[/snapback]

I am saying by quoting "I believe the instructions for address change are on the site too under their FAQ section....the change must be faxed. Good Luck !

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/

"