clearance and name check

:surprise: Hello guys here, I need your help. I called DOS last night and was told I dont have my interview date, but the clearence was finished 2 days ago. Do I still need to go through name check process or it means I am waiting to be scheduled for interview? My case is CR1 and was sent to GZ on 28th July, and my K3 was approved on 5th Oct :) . Any answers will be very appreciated.

Thanks

:surprise:  Hello guys here, I need your help. I called DOS last night and was told I dont have my interview date, but the clearence was finished 2 days ago. Do I still need to go through name check process or it means I am waiting to be scheduled for interview? My case is CR1 and was sent to GZ on 28th July, and my K3 was approved on 5th Oct :) . Any answers will be very appreciated.

Thanks

160227[/snapback]

Sounds like you're in the homestretch with both visas.

Maybe it will take a few days for all to be set in place. Give it maybe a week and call DOS again to enquire.

Sorry, not much to go on for you but that's all I can suggest at the moment. Like I said at first though, you're in the homestretch!!

-good luck!

:rolleyes:  Hello guys here, I need your help. I called DOS last night and was told I dont have my interview date, but the clearence was finished 2 days ago. Do I still need to go through name check process or it means I am waiting to be scheduled for interview? My case is CR1 and was sent to GZ on 28th July, and my K3 was approved on 5th Oct :( . Any answers will be very appreciated.

Thanks

160227[/snapback]

You should be happy that it only took two months for your name check to process (it could have been ten months!). Now you wait for another four months, then you will have your interview, unless the GZ's new facility moves things much faster. As I said to you before, immigration process, like fine wine, has to age a litte before it tastes good. You will be in the United States early next year. Visa granted!

:rolleyes:  Hello guys here, I need your help. I called DOS last night and was told I dont have my interview date, but the clearence was finished 2 days ago. Do I still need to go through name check process or it means I am waiting to be scheduled for interview? My case is CR1 and was sent to GZ on 28th July, and my K3 was approved on 5th Oct :toot: . Any answers will be very appreciated.

Thanks

160227[/snapback]

You should be happy that it only took two months for your name check to process (it could have been ten months!). Now you wait for another four months, then you will have your interview, unless the GZ's new facility moves things much faster. As I said to you before, immigration process, like fine wine, has to age a litte before it tastes good. You will be in the United States early next year. Visa granted!

160250[/snapback]

Thanks guys. Last night I just asked DOS about my CR1, and was told words like above by DOS. Should I need My K3 clearence? :( I am a little bit confused.

:)  Hello guys here, I need your help. I called DOS last night and was told I dont have my interview date, but the clearence was finished 2 days ago. Do I still need to go through name check process or it means I am waiting to be scheduled for interview? My case is CR1 and was sent to GZ on 28th July, and my K3 was approved on 5th Oct :( . Any answers will be very appreciated.

Thanks

160227[/snapback]

160250[/snapback]

Thanks guys. Last night I just asked DOS about my CR1, and was told words like above by DOS. Should I need My K3 clearence? :) I am a little bit confused.

160256[/snapback]

grab a bag of cheetos.... you are so close now, look again at the above posts in response to your inquiry... the answers are there

relax and hang in there

good luck

Finished with clearance means your namecheck (in GUZ) is done.. you are awaiting an interview date at this point.    As Ty said, both visas seem to be in the final turn... Your CR1 should take precendence once it gets to post, which is what you want anyway...

160247[/snapback]

David: you brought out an interesting point when you said: "Your CR1 should take precedence once it gets to post".

I thought CR1, K1 and K3 receive the same priority in treatment. Am I wrong?

:greenblob: Congratulations Paula, That's a major hurdle you just cleared :greenblob:

160390[/snapback]

:greenblob: Hi all guys here thank you all again! I am very happy to hear I am in the queue of interview. I cant wait to be with my husband as I have not seen him for 8 months now. We both are nuts about being far away from each other, which made a lot arguments these days. Luckly all hard time passed, we are back our love now. I really hope in CFL there are some posts about how to keep our love exciting, refresh, and passionate in the daily marriage life as we all know our marriage might be harder than others because we still have language and culture obstacles.

:greenblob:

:greenblob: Congratulations Paula, That's a major hurdle you just cleared :greenblob:

160390[/snapback]

:greenblob: Hi all guys here thank you all again! I am very happy to hear I am in the queue of interview. I cant wait to be with my husband as I have not seen him for 8 months now. We both are nuts about being far away from each other, which made a lot arguments these days. Luckly all hard time passed, we are back our love now. I really hope in CFL there are some posts about how to keep our love exciting, refresh, and passionate in the daily marriage life as we all know our marriage might be harder than others because we still have language and culture obstacles.

:greenblob:

160566[/snapback]

Just have a little bit more patience. Waiting for the interview date can be a frustrating two to four months. But you are now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

:D Congratulations Paula, That's a major hurdle you just cleared :D

160390[/snapback]

:D Hi all guys here thank you all again! I am very happy to hear I am in the queue of interview. I cant wait to be with my husband as I have not seen him for 8 months now. We both are nuts about being far away from each other, which made a lot arguments these days. Luckly all hard time passed, we are back our love now. I really hope in CFL there are some posts about how to keep our love exciting, refresh, and passionate in the daily marriage life as we all know our marriage might be harder than others because we still have language and culture obstacles.

:ph34r:

160566[/snapback]

the cultural issues and well and life issues will be overcome in time, be patient, understanding, and hold on to your love.... never forget the reason you married each other...

and congratulations on getting in the "groove" for the interview...

:D Congratulations Paula, That's a major hurdle you just cleared :D

160390[/snapback]

:D Hi all guys here thank you all again! I am very happy to hear I am in the queue of interview. I cant wait to be with my husband as I have not seen him for 8 months now. We both are nuts about being far away from each other, which made a lot arguments these days. Luckly all hard time passed, we are back our love now. I really hope in CFL there are some posts about how to keep our love exciting, refresh, and passionate in the daily marriage life as we all know our marriage might be harder than others because we still have language and culture obstacles.

;)

160566[/snapback]

the cultural issues and well and life issues will be overcome in time, be patient, understanding, and hold on to your love.... never forget the reason you married each other...

and congratulations on getting in the "groove" for the interview...

160677[/snapback]

Just called DOS again, and make sure my name check is finished and is in the interview timeline :D Dos said interview can be done in 2 or 3 months She also told me K3 and CR1 will be combined. Sounds Guangzhou really speed up now.

To find out my interview date, should I call DOS or NVC or both?

I'm still confused with the functional differences between DOS and NVC.  Could anyone explain?  Thanks!!

161454[/snapback]

Once your I-129 F is approved (NOA2) your petition is sent to NVC for some security clearances and additional processing. After they finish with it they send it to GZ. Once GZ enters it into the computer then DOS has it in their computer as well. Since DOS has been more informative and communicative in the past than GZ many people call DOS to get updates on the progress. DOS doesn't know anything though until GZ enters it first.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)