Re: What is permitted to be carried into the...

My wife said she heard that they do not permit some type of packages, folders, or breifcases ..... I have a LOT of documents for her to take with her to the interview. We are trying to figure out WHAT is permitted and WHAT IS NOT permitted to carry this stuff in. Does anybody know for sure this answer? I would guess the stack of documents she will be taking to weight 10 to 15 pounds. I would love to know if anybody had trouble taking in any particular type of device to hold the documents???

Thanks,

Scott

m-coon

We prepared all our stuff and put it in a large, clear plastic folder that had button snaps at the top. No problem.

Once, when I went in to see a visa official for an appointment, they confiscated my pen. It was a felt tip no less.

I have to agree with all of the above. But at the same time, if you think of it like this, You will do fine;

If you have any doubts, even the slightes, its time to make a change.

Another way would be to think of it as if you were going through the check points at one of our airports immediately after 911. Everything Must be clearly seen at a distant, Now metal objects what so ever, not long coats, boots be prepared to have them removed etc. You remember the drill. Just use a little common sence here as these boys at the embassy refuses to play nice or fair.