New Inquiry Rules

king

I would say that the reason stated is reasonable step; keep the IV unit people to doing interviews... of course, it will be a while before we can see if there is any true benefit to the process (ie: speedup)...

The prospect of now paying is disheartening on some level, including the use of a 'middle man'... how many 'lost communications', mis-handoffs of info and snafu's will result.

In the past, some would email GUZ for the reason to simply 'show some effort' to their application... maybe this makes contacting GUZ less desireable or only for truly necessary reasons. Maybe this is a good thing...

allowing the Immigrant Visa section to devote more resources to the processing of pending cases, benefitting both petitioners and applicants alike.

Let's hope it is a benefit and not another "buffer"

i just spent the last few days trying to get a pin number to call this info service. i am in china with my wife and at an internet cafe (this keyboaard is not very good) well my wife does not have a atm or credit card since we live in a small town and after asking at the main branch of the bank of china find out we can get one in beijing, 20 hours away!!! any suggestions on how to get it would be appreciated. i guess the visa fees that we pay are not enough to cover the visa units expenses. our hard earned money at work.

It seems to me there isn't much of a shortage of Chinese people who speak english who would love to work for the consulate. Why would an American consulate even hire someone who doesn't speak English for such a position?

I learned about this new policy the hard way, this week...

My question was simple, a yes/no question. I don't want to have to pay (what it is, like $35) for a yes/no answer.

Have any of you ever called the "hotline"? Do they actually give useful info? Or is it the same canned response?

160128[/snapback]

I paid and called twice to find out if they recieved the file from NVC and both times got canned responses. :)

Let me do a rough figuring:

Assume each representative (the person who receives the calls) spend 5 hour per day talking to callers, it will be 5x60x20=6000 minutes per month.

We are paying 4.5RMB per minutes,

6000x4.5=27000 RMB

Each representative will make 27000RMB sales per month.

Besides labour cost, the company need to spend some on telecommunication services, on computers and desks. But they don't need much office space, so rent will not be very much per capita.

This is quite a lucrative business!

I would say, this company should spend more on hiring skilled knowledge workers and provide enough training, assuming they get adequate support and information from GUZ.