Case is on the Way from NVC to GZ

The NVC will tell you what day your petition was sent to GZ. Then you just contact DHL and tell them what day your petition was sent and they will give you a tracking number so you can find out when it was delivered. I never bothered with this part since all it tells you is a package that possibly has your petition in it was picked up and delivered on what days.

The NVC will tell you what day your petition was sent to GZ.  Then you just contact DHL and tell them what day your petition was sent and  they will give you a tracking number so you can find out when it was delivered.  I never bothered with this part since all it tells you is a package that possibly has your petition in it was picked up and delivered on what days.

159982[/snapback]

Thanks. But I also read that it is possible that NVC will send the package one to several days later than that they told me. Plus they usually mail several packages per day. All these means that I have quite a few packages to follow? If the I-730 is true, I could become more focused and sure about the real process.

To know when it will arrive is important for me since I am always on the road and I wanna pick up my mail right on time.

Although it does not tell you when the package is in the system - it can ease your mind to know it is in GZ and not lost somewhere... this was important to me to know.

Do as said above and go to the DHL website - here you can plug in the info and find your package. Search DHl by date and by content (I-730). It is very easy to find.

Good Luck!

True - it is usually picked up by DHL a day or two later than the date they give you - but in my case - it was easy to find as they sent only 2 packages in the days to follow the date they gave me.

159992[/snapback]

I will follow your guys' helpful advise. So just assume the I-730 stuff as theorem? Okay then, don't wanna to dig a hole too deeply to get out of.:-)

I was wondering how you guys  find out that we can track our case sent by DHL to Guangzhou by I-730 as reference£¿Is it a approximate guess based on historical records??

Thanks for the comments.

159979[/snapback]

The "I-730" is used as a reference ID historically by NVC for all packages sent to the various consulates (not just in China). It's always possible that they could change. So far they have not.

Unless they change, it is not a guess, nor is it approximate. I first saw it on VJ.

Try it. Look for a package going to Guangzhou about the date that yours was sent.

The "I-730" is used as a reference ID historically by NVC for all packages sent to the various consulates (not just in China). It's always possible that they could change. So far they have not.

Unless they change, it is not a guess, nor is it approximate. I first saw it on VJ.

Thanks a lot!

That relieved me somehow, since at least I am not tracing packages that cannot contain mine!!

I just checked with the DHL webpage.  My completion date at NVC is 9/21.  So I checked the 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and 26th (24 and 25 were weekend).  I found 4 items are going to GUZ.  I wonder what means "at gateway", "on hand".  Thanks for answering.

160859[/snapback]

'At Gateway' means it's in the holding area or whatever it is. Either way, count on your package being in 'At Gateway' status for about a month. After that it is supposed to be delivered to GUZ.

I just checked with the DHL webpage.  My completion date at NVC is 9/21.  So I checked the 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and 26th (24 and 25 were weekend).  I found 4 items are going to GUZ.  I wonder what means "at gateway", "on hand".  Thanks for answering.

160859[/snapback]

As far as I observe, "at gateway" is a closer step towards custom clearance than "at hand", but two of which means a month's holding somewhere at the port.

I found one for each day (9/21, 22, 23, 26, and27). 

Status as follow:

9/21 at gateway on 9/26

9/22 at gateway on 9/26

9/23 delivered on 10/11

9/26 on hand 9/30

9/27 at gateway on 10/8

How come the 9/23 item is so fast?  it's even faster then the ones on 9/21 and 22.

160868[/snapback]

probably it is contains documents weighing under 2kg so it does not need to wait in line.

Or it just has super good luck.

I found one for each day (9/21, 22, 23, 26, and27). 

Status as follow:

9/21 at gateway on 9/26

9/22 at gateway on 9/26

9/23 delivered on 10/11

9/26 on hand 9/30

9/27 at gateway on 10/8

How come the 9/23 item is so fast?  it's even faster then the ones on 9/21 and 22.

160868[/snapback]

I read somewhere it has to do with the weight - packages under 5 lbs seem to go fast, packages 5 lbs or over seem to end up in a one month holding pattern.

Yes, My K-3 was aprroved on the same day as yours I got my NOA-2 on Aug.15,05.But it is still in background check. :( is yours already done with backgroung check???? please let me know, for if yours is done already and on the way to GUZ why is mine taking so long??? thanks and let me know please. :(

Dan M :angry: