Approval date for my I-129 expires 10/12/05

I have been trying to find out if I need to Fax the Guz this extension letter for the I-129 .

The Approval form says that it expires on October 12 , 2005 :o

If I do not ask for an extension do I have to start the process all over again ?

What is wrong with these clowns ? :lol:

Why don't they have reasonable expiration dates on the I-129s since they can not possibly process them by the expiration date ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Richard

I have been trying to find out if I need to Fax the Guz this extension letter for the I-129 .

The Approval form says that it expires on October 12 , 2005  :o

If I do not ask for an extension do I have to start the process all over again ?

What is wrong with these clowns ? :lol:

Why don't they have reasonable expiration dates on the I-129s since they can not possibly process them by the expiration date ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Richard

159677[/snapback]

I emailed the GUZ through the website contact page with the same question. The reply was canned and said that this happens always and is taken into consideration. The petition I submitted would be automatically extended.

I am guessing this is common protocol for I-129f petitions due to the long waiting period.

I would email GUZ through the website so you can receive their reply and alert them to this fact.

Good Luck

This has not been discussed here for some time, but there is no real reason to apply for extension, it is a fact of life at GUZ and of no concern. One line of thinking was that you could apply for extension to show that you are paying attention, puts another entry in the file, shows you care, etc, etc. I did not do it.

The 6 months is common to all I-129F, works well for places with "normal" wait times :rolleyes: