GZ, EMS, waiting for P4...where's our P4???

My SO and I have been waiting for her P4 packet to arrive. DOS says it was sent on 8/29, GZ says they sent it out early September...and of course, she has not received any mail from GZ. I have contacted GZ several times these last few days, they even asked her to fax her "current address in Chinese character" so they could re-send it. The replies from GZ are never clear...they said they would re-send, but after waiting several days, I asked for more info and they said they sent the P4 in early September....does that mean they did NOT re-send?? I am becoming frustrated, because when my email asks several clear questions, I generally receive a reply that vaguely covers one thing...and leaves me wanting to send more emails to try to clear things up....

So, how much is too much before GZ becomes tired of getting my emails?? Should I have my SO send the emails and see if she gets a better response??

Does EMS really take a month to deliver a P4 packet?? Whats the deal here??

Her interview is at the end of this month. The way things are going is not giving me the warm fuzzy I would like to have.....

:lol:

My SO and I have been waiting for her P4 packet to arrive. DOS says it was sent on 8/29, GZ says they sent it out early September...and of course, she has not received any mail from GZ. I have contacted GZ several times these last few days, they even asked her to fax her "current address in Chinese character" so they could re-send it. The replies from GZ are never clear...they said they would re-send, but after waiting several days, I asked for more info and they said they sent the P4 in early September....does that mean they did NOT re-send?? I am becoming frustrated, because when my email asks several clear questions, I generally receive a reply that vaguely covers one thing...and leaves me wanting to send more emails to try to clear things up....

So, how much is too much before GZ becomes tired of getting my emails?? Should I have my SO send the emails and see if she gets a better response??

Does EMS really take a month to deliver a P4 packet?? Whats the deal here??

Her interview is at the end of this month. The way things are going is not giving me the warm fuzzy I would like to have.....

158698[/snapback]

If you look at my timeline for my I-129 you will notice I was delayed a month because they said my wife's package 3 was sent out by EMS. and she had never received, they also told me to have my wife fax her Chinese address to them. Unfortunately that was during the move and the fax would not go through. I had also mentioned that I had sent my wife mail using English and had never had a delivery problem. I had emailed them so much and getting somewhat frustrated: angry :P I would not wait the required time frame that they established, they eventually called my wife and got everything straighten out, they did ask my wife to tell me to wait for a response before emailing again :lol:

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)

Well, you can download and fill out all of the forms in the P4 before you get the P4 so that time will not be wasted, but she will not have the appointment letter that she needs to get into the consulate.

I would NOT e-mail them everyday as this may get your P4 lost for sure.

This is a perfect case for your congressperson to ask them to send another P4 to your SO's Chinese address!! The consulate can ignore you as a pest, but when CONGRESSPERSON inquires, they must produce an answer as to why it took over a month to mail a P4. They can say "i donno wha happen" but they WILL mail out a new one ASAP!!

Good luck!!!

Billy, Like Carl said it is very important to have, she won't get in the door without it. In the past when there has been a problem with delivering the P-3 or the P-4 people have been able to pick them up at the Consulate, so if it gets down to the wire try to get them to do that.

I would not let Guangzhou rest until she has it in her hand :)

Edited by Gene (see edit history)
Billy, In the past when there has been a problem with delivering the P-3 or the P-4 people have been able to pick them up at the Consulate, so if it gets down to the wire try to get them to do that.

158790[/snapback]

I wish it was that easy I live in the US and it is not just around the corner for my wife to run by and pick-up. I believe the best way from the posts I have read is just ask thru an email for them to call your SO, that is what finally worked for me, hope I understood your post? :)

Bill

I understand you are in America and Yes you understood correctly. "If it comes down to the wire", I assume she will be in Guangzhou a few days ealry for the medical and so forth, if arranged, she could pick up the P-4 letter at the Consulate, or if your going to be there for support during the interview, you could go in and pick it up before the interview date.

I understand you are in America and Yes you understood correctly. "If it comes down to the wire", I assume she will be in Guangzhou a few days ealry for the medical and so forth, if arranged, she could pick up the P-4 letter at the Consulate, or if your going to be there for support during the interview, you could go in and pick it up before the interview date.

158797[/snapback]

Gene, OK I got it this time, very good information, took me awhile to understand, yes I plan to be there to support her, wish it was soon.

thanks!!!

Bill :)

OK, so I have one person suggesting that I don't send so many emails, and most people suggesting to ask them to call her.

I am getting dissappointed in the GZ system...they said they sent her P4 quite a while ago but they seem VERY reluctant to help make sure everything is OK. She has already downloaded the P4 stuff, but we don't want to wait until the last minute to solve the real problem of not even having the appointment slip.

My SO needs to travel quite a bit this month, so she is understandably very frustrated. She is pushing me to contact them again since it will be friday and she needs to go to Europe for a entire week next week....so she's worried we are getting down to the last minute. And I don't want to anger GZ and cause them to "lose" anything or become careless with our case.

OK, so I have one person suggesting that I don't send so many emails, and most people suggesting to ask them to call her.

I am getting dissappointed in the GZ system...they said they sent her P4 quite a while ago but they seem VERY reluctant to help make sure everything is OK. She has already downloaded the P4 stuff, but we don't want to wait until the last minute to solve the real problem of not even having the appointment slip.

My SO needs to travel quite a bit this month, so she is understandably very frustrated. She is pushing me to contact them again since it will be friday and she needs to go to Europe for a entire week next week....so she's worried we are getting down to the last minute. And I don't want to anger GZ and cause them to "lose" anything or become careless with our case.

158807[/snapback]

Both points are justified, You don't want to piss off Guangzhou, but at the same time the interview letter is her ticket in the door.

So if you don't contact them for fear of reprisal she could run into problems on the interview date and I am not sure but I think that the places that do the Medical Exams want to see the letter before they put together the package.

If you make arangments for you or her to pick up the letter at the Consulate, she has to be there a few days prior to the interview to get the exam done anyway, you could get it then.

I think people worry too much about pissing off GZ. It is their job to send out the P-4 in a timely manner so your SO can produce the needed documents and make travel arrangements. If they haven't done so then you have no alternative but to make sure they do. I wouldn't wait until just before the interview to go to the consulate and get them. There is no guaranty they will give them to you then either. Keep bugging them until you get the answer you need.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

I had a similar problem with the P3. Jingwen never received the first EMS. I e-mailed GZ after about a week or so, and they informed me again that they had sent it on such and such a date. I asked them to please resend, and they asked that I fax her address in hanzi. I did this and nothing. I e-mailed them again, and this time they said to e-mail the address to them. Despite the fact that their website says it doesn't allow hanzi characters, I e-mailed them the new address. After a day or so I followed up, and they finally responded that they had re-sent the P3. Jingwen finally received it a few days later.

To this day, I still don't know what got them off their duff, but the moral of the story is to keep the heat on them until you get results. And, like Carl said, this is no time to worry about pissing them off.