Vaccinations

My husband had his vaccinations yesterday. I wasn't able to go with him so I printed off everything he would need from the USCIS website, including a list of the vaccinations he needs.

At the surgeon general he was told that he doesn't need all of the vaccinations that were on the list I printed from the website because he is too old. Does anyone know if this will be a problem? I don't want his AOS papers returned because of this.

Thanks.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's correct...

Here is the list for reference:

• Mumps

• Measles

• Rubella

• Polio

• Tetanus and diptheria toxoids

• Pertussis

• Influenza type B

• Hepatitis B

• Varicella

• Pneumococcal

For most adults who are in need for the AOS , the necessary shots are tetanus, MMR, and a chicken pox vaccination (varicella) if the patient has never had the chicken pox. (There's much more in the FAQ)...

SO, that should really only leave two shots for most.

Here's a great link (in CFL links), contains a table showing it definitively to anyone who doubts or questions what is needed.

AOS vaccinations, instructions to civil surgeons

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12980

Sorry, I'm not sure what all the shots he got were. I will ask him.

But- we have bad news. My husband just called me and told me he tested positive for TB. We can't get the vaccination supplement unless he signs up for a 9 month treatment. We don't have any insurance!

He is going back to the doctor right now to make sure he really has it... and I'm doubly worried cuz if he has it I probably do too and that's why I cough all the time. :) :P

Sorry, I'm not sure what all the shots he got were. I will ask him.

But- we have bad news. My husband just called me and told me he tested positive for TB. We can't get the vaccination supplement unless he signs up for a 9 month treatment. We don't have any insurance!

He is going back to the doctor right now to make sure he really has it... and I'm doubly worried cuz if he has it I probably do too and that's why I cough all the time.  :)  :P

158784[/snapback]

Has a X-Ray been taken yet? Just because you test positive on the skin test does not mean you have TB.

He went home to get his X-rays from the med exam in GZ. I think they will probably make him get new ones though.

Like I said though, I have had a cough for a few months.. so I'm worried, maybe I'm being a hypochondriac.... anyways he is at the doctor's now and will call me back in a few hours to let me know.

He went home to get his X-rays from the med exam in GZ. I think they will probably make him get new ones though.

Like I said though, I have had a cough for a few months.. so I'm worried, maybe I'm being a hypochondriac.... anyways he is at the doctor's now and will call me back in a few hours to let me know.

158796[/snapback]

My husband just called me and told me he tested positive for TB. We can't get the vaccination supplement unless he signs up for a 9 month treatment. We don't have any insurance!

Amber,

Sorry to read about your situation. Since your husband doesn't have insurance and needs to be treated, you may want to inquire with the public health department for your area. I think that most public health departments will be willing to treat your husbands illness at a low cost or sliding scale basis. So just contact the Deparment of Health in your city, county, or state and ask about treatment programs.

Also, you may want to ask about low cost health insurance programs for your husband from the county, or state where you reside.

Also, TB is treatable. I had TB when I was about six years old, and was treated. I haven't had any problems with TB since then, but I still test postive for a TB skin test, and doctors say I didn't need to be treated after they looked at my chest xray and I told them I was treated a long time ago for TB.

Also my wife has been in the country with me over 3 months and visited her a couple times over the course of 18 + months. She tested negative for TB just a couple weeks ago, so don't automatically assume you have TB also until you get tested

Good luck

Edited by john90 (see edit history)