GUZ number assigned...

Hi all,

My dad just told me my lawyer gave him a message with a GUZ number.  Dad said it's my case number.  But I did got a case number before, it starts with EAC.  What's the GUZ number for?  Thanks.

158577[/snapback]

It means your case has been assigned to the GZ consulate.

You're on your way.

Your case has made it to the Nationa Visa Center where it is assigned to the consulate where your case will be processed. In this case GUZ means the american consulate in Guangzhou. Once the NVC is finished with it it will be sent to the DHL warehouse where it will sit for 5 weeks or so until GZ gets around to picking it up and entering it into the data base. You can call NVC and find out the status of your case and when it is sent to GZ by calling 603 334 0700 stay on the line to talk to a human and have your GUZ number and your birthdate ready. They can tell you when it cleared there and was sent to GZ.

We were a K-3 Visa which is processed a little different, but from looking at your timeline I would guess that the NVC has finished processing your I-130 and has sent it on to Guangzhou, were the next step would be P-4 :D

No, It just means that you will get a background check from NVC before it go's to GUZ. That check could be from 2 weeks to 3 months. :D I have been waiting for 43 days so far. :D Then it will go to GUZ where they will in time send you your P-3 and then P-4,but it will take a while so be prepare for the long wait. :( good luck

Yours,

Dan M

Looks like you are a CR1... so your P3 stage is the paperwork that passed back and forth between NVC and your lawyer. You are done with this now. (For a K1, the P3 is a little different).

Since you got the GUZ number, I assume it came from an NVC letter, and you can ask what it stated. When I got my GUZ number, the NVC letter said that my petition was approved and going to GUZ in a week or so. This would imply that everything, like a namecheck, was complete...

What's exactly in P3?  I guess I have it done already because the lawyer said he sent out my final documents (like I-864) on August 2.

158611[/snapback]

P-3 for a K-1 and K-3 consists in returning a DS-230 part one and OF-169, since you already did the DS-230 with the NVC and the OF-169 is just an information document for Guangzhou, I am assuming that is equivalent to a "P-3" :D

I emailed GUZ to see if my case reached Guangzhou yet. They replied telling me to call the 400 number, and instruct me to buy a phone card for 36 RMB per 8 minutes.

I thought they would answer my question directly and be straight forward... Yes, your case is here already.... no, your case is not here yet...

I emailed GUZ to see if my case reached Guangzhou yet.  They replied telling me to call the 400 number, and instruct me to buy a phone card for 36 RMB per 8 minutes.

I thought they would answer my question directly and be straight forward... Yes, your case is here already.... no, your case is not here yet...

159165[/snapback]

Welcome to our world, bearbear. The world of wait and lost and not knowing. The world of all that is not known. Not even known by the ones the know!

Look, up ahead; a roadsign. It says, Guangzhou 13,000 klicks ahead. Next stop, the immigration zone!.........do-do-do-do,do-do-do-do,do-do-do-do......... :o :blink: :huh: ;)