She got the visa!

It was a CR-1 interview (though the interview date seems to have been established by the I-29F K-3 paperwork).

She gave the visa officer her passport and mine. The only questions he asked were where and when she met me. He commented that on the original paperwork it said I had no job; she told him I had gotten a new one.

The he told her she passed. She said he had actually already started signing the paperwork before he asked any questions.

She said he was a nice guy and smiled a lot.

157938[/snapback]

Congratulations and best wishes to you both.

Very happy for you and Yuhong.

Terrence & Linda

She got the visa!

It was a CR-1 interview (though the interview date seems to have been established by the I-29F K-3 paperwork).

She gave the visa officer her passport and mine. The only questions he asked were where and when she met me. He commented that on the original paperwork it said I had no job; she told him I had gotten a new one.

The he told her she passed. She said he had actually already started signing the paperwork before he asked any questions.

157938[/snapback]

Congratualations!

Could you help me out? I am also waiting for an IR1 interview while having received the appointment for an K3 interview. Could you check your interview notice, what visa category the interview was schedule for? If it stated "K3", but you end up with an IR1 interview, this would be a good news for me. You can also tell from the case number. The case number for your K3 application and IR1 are different.

Thanks a lot!

She got the visa!

157938[/snapback]

Hey,

Congrats on that visa. Question. You married in China and submitted both the I-130 request for alien petition AND a I-129, fiance visa petition. Why both? DId you do teh I-129 first and then change when you got married? We canceled our I-129F when we got married in China and then re-submitted the I-130 later.

157966[/snapback]

Chad,

The I-129F is used for two different things -- the K1 fiancee visa, and the K3 visa for people who are already married. The government should have separate forms, but hasn't come up with a separate for for K3 yet, so it uses the I-129F as a stand-in for now.

The K3 was created at a time when CR-1 processing was even slower than it is now, if you can believe that. Much slower -- two to three years, I think. So they created the K3 as an interim thing that would allow the spouse to come on over to the US and wait here while the CR-1 finished processing. (Why our government would choose to address the problem of CR-1 slowness by creating a new thing for its adjudicators to process in addition to the old thing, rather than simply speeding up the CR-1 processing in the first place, is beyond me.)

Lately, K3 processing has not been clearly faster than CR-1 processing -- the two have been running sort of neck-and-neck. The way our case worked out, my wife was actually issued CR-1 when all was said and done.

• 3 weeks later...

1 year for a CR-1 is blazing fast from what I can tell.

Another poster on here is looking at an interview 11/7 after filing the 130 for the K-3 in May. I can only hope I get my beloved over here in that kind of time frame. I'd much rather have a K-3 in 5-6 months and have her here, than a CR-1 in a year, but all that matters is that you will be together, and the added lack of a status change is icing on the cake.

Warmest congrats from a newbie to the site!

merc

She got the visa!

157938[/snapback]

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Another easy one... that's really encouraging to hear. Best of luck.... Let the excitement and fun begin!