DOS - what does it mean

The Department of State, they run the Department of Homeland Security

1-202-663-1225

There computers are tied into the same system that is at the Consulate at Guangzhou, so they understand if anything is done there and put into the computer.

They will give you some basic information, but really it is not much. The main difference is that you can talk with a human on the telephone.

Maybe someone will add more, I am not really sure what all they do.

Guest ShaQuaNew

DOS is at the top of the umbrella and since 9/11 the Department of Homeland Security was created and falls under DOS authority. Personally, I think of DOS as the press agent for the United States whose expertise is to spin things to make them look good for the US. Thanks Condoleeza. :P It's in their best interest to be friendly.

DHS on the other hand could use some soft and people skills training.... ;)

I don't want to get too technical here, but the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is a cabinet level department and is separate from the Department of State (DOS). USCIS is part of DHS while the embassies and consulates are part of DOS. Petitions are filed with USCIS; visas are issued by DOS. Confusing? Yep. Inefficient? Yep. Governmentally bureaucratic? You betcha.

Also , since most will be calling long distance, once you dial the 1-202-663-1225, the next set of number options to push tot speak to an live body is 1-then 0 then 0. having these ready can save you severanl minutes of ramblings.

They will tell you what has been entered into the computer at GUZ, and that is about it, but can save time waiting for the mail from GUZ.

Also, rumor has it that evey phone call and contact is logged in and recorded. If for nothing else, SHOW THEM YOU CARE! :blink:

Thats my thoughts.

Also , since most will be calling long distance, once you dial the 1-202-663-1225, the next set of number options to push tot speak to an live body is 1-then 0 then 0.  having these ready can save you severanl minutes of ramblings.

They will tell you what has been entered into the computer at GUZ, and that is about it, but can save time waiting for the mail from GUZ.

Also, rumor has it that evey phone call and contact is logged in and recorded.  If for nothing else, SHOW THEM YOU CARE! :bangin:

Thats my thoughts.

158362[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Thanks alot for the phon e number and the information

I got a very pleasant lady who told me that the p-3 was logged in on Sept16 , 2005 - They received it on Sept 9, 2005

And accordingt to her the security check was completed June 6 ,2005

no interveiw date is yet scheduled

Does The Guz do another security check or all we over the black hole ?

:bangin:  Thanks alot for the phon e number and the information

I got a very pleasant lady who told me that the p-3 was logged in on Sept16 , 2005 - They received it on Sept 9, 2005

And accordingt to her the security check was completed  June 6 ,2005

no interveiw date is yet scheduled

Does The Guz do another security check or all we over the black hole ?

158422[/snapback]

Security checks completed means: You have skated right through and missed the black hole!!

CONGRATS!!! :rolleyes:

You should hear from GUZ soon!!

Good luck!

Edited by cosmiclobster (see edit history)