Finally, they're doing something.

Finally, today after 20 days of waiting, I recieved my RFE. Apparently, they didn't like the copy of my wedding certificate. I had spent $130 to get two copies of our little red book translated.

I used cheap copying machine at work to copy book to send to translater. I'm not even sure I sent the copy. I know I sent the translation.

Anyhow, I have a nice stand alone printer, scanner, copier, at home now.

I 'm not sure how they want me to copy this little book. Should I copy each page, and front and back covers. Each on their own sheet of paper?

Finally, today after 20 days of waiting, I recieved my RFE.  Apparently, they didn't like the copy of my wedding certificate.  I had spent $130 to get two copies of our little red book translated.

I used cheap copying machine at work to copy book to send to translater.  I'm not even sure I sent the copy.  I know I sent the translation.

I 'm not sure how they want me to copy this little book.  Should I copy each page, and front and back covers. Each on their own sheet of paper?

160702[/snapback]

If they doubted what you sent originaly maybe you should have notarized copies of all pages of the marriage certificate, the translation made and send that.

Just a thought :D

Edited by Gene (see edit history)
Finally, today after 20 days of waiting, I recieved my RFE.  Apparently, they didn't like the copy of my wedding certificate.  I had spent $130 to get two copies of our little red book translated.

I used cheap copying machine at work to copy book to send to translater.  I'm not even sure I sent the copy.  I know I sent the translation.

I 'm not sure how they want me to copy this little book.  Should I copy each page, and front and back covers. Each on their own sheet of paper?

160702[/snapback]

I have not seen your RFE, so I do not know what is in it. But, please do PRECISELY what they asked for. Precisely! More rounds of RFE will really delay your process.

But at minimum, you should send the followings: (1) a copy of each marriage certificates that you have, which shows the name, date of birth, ID# and official seal; (2) a copy of notarized marriage certificate. When the Chinese notaries notarize marriage certificates, they would translate for you. You are not supposed to translate it. Those are my suggestions. I wish you best of luck.

P.S. I have been trying to figure what you are trying to do on the rooftop, when I looked at the picture. It has been a mystery for me.

Train....

don't tell me you didn't have the orginal translated copies notarized..... say it ain't so!!

Edited by HanLi (see edit history)

At one time, the Service Centers were very picky about the divorce documents. I remember TSC kicked out a lot of RFEs like there was no tomorrow. Apparently, someone over there didn't like divorce certificates/decrees unless they showed the judge's signature and had the appropriate seal affixed. Maybe someone at your Service Center feels the same way about your marriage certificate.

Hopefully you can turn this around quickly and not lose too much more time. But, hey, what's a few weeks in a lifetime of happiness? :P

Train....

don't tell me you didn't have the orginal translated copies notarized..... say it ain't so!!

160730[/snapback]

It was a very expensive, fine ink, fine paper, with notarazation translation. I did as they requested, sent a very well done copy of the translation. I'm not sure i sent a copy of the original though.

It was of poor quality, I had copied quickly on a cheap machine at work. Then faxed that to the translater. The translation is of the best quality.

I have a very good all in one here at the house now. I could actually copy the book in similar papers, with good , photo quality images, cut out and make a book.

I am sure, I just plain screwed up. It wouldn't surprise me if just coping the book, front to back, and make another copy of the notarized translation, would be enough.

Edited by obxtrainman (see edit history)

boils down to it being a hoop to jump through.... just do it, and keep smiling.... it won't be as long as it has been......

160702[/snapback]

I have not seen your RFE, so I do not know what is in it. But, please do PRECISELY what they asked for. Precisely! More rounds of RFE will really delay your process.

But at minimum, you should send the followings: (1) a copy of each marriage certificates that you have, which shows the name, date of birth, ID# and official seal; (2) a copy of notarized marriage certificate. When the Chinese notaries notarize marriage certificates, they would translate for you. You are not supposed to translate it. Those are my suggestions. I wish you best of luck.

P.S. I have been trying to figure what you are trying to do on the rooftop, when I looked at the picture. It has been a mystery for me.

160712[/snapback]

Thanx for your concern, and suggestions Stone.

As for my roof top. Well I like to think it represents me reading the posts on this forum, "Candle" and enjoying some cheetos . Just a little American humor.

For my divorce decree I went to the courthouse got a copy with the signatures and the county clerks notarization. I needed that and the Texas Secretary of State's certification that the county clerk is legit for the Chinese consulate.

For all the documents in China, we spent the afternoon at the Notary's office for the translations and copies of our marriage certificates. My already had all of the other documents (birth certificates, her divorce applications and final decrees, etc...) translated and notorized.

Needless to say my lawyer was very impressed that we had all of these docs ready to go.