NVC will not discuss my case with me......

Hi,

I sent the following e-mail to the NVC to find the status of my I-130:

Hello,

I would like to know the status of my wifes I-130?

I do not know the recommended proceedure to check the status... Can you either tell me the status or tell me how to check on this in another way.

Her name is: XXXXXXXXXX

Birthdate: XXXXXXX

WACXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks,

Scott DuVall

And this was the reply they sent to me:

Dear Sir,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

All correspondence concerning your petition has been sent to you in care of your attorney of record. You should contact your attorney concerning the present status of your case. If you no longer wish to utilize this attorney as your representative, please contact the NVC in writing.

A packet containing the Immigrant Visa Processing Fee Bill and the Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee Bill has been sent to the attorney of record. The fees, listed on the fee bill, must be paid according to the instructions before the forms will be sent.

Regards,

National Visa Center

cph/smw

WHAT DOES ALL OF THIS MEAN?????

Thanks,

Scott

(m-coon)

Guest ShaQuaNew

Not to be flip, it means contact your attorney. Because you listed that you were using an attorney on your application they are prohibited by law from talking to you directly. You will either need to contact your attorney or fire them. If you fire your attorney you will need to contact the NVC and let them no that you are no longer represented, or have changed to another counsel.

Those fee bills and I-864 comments are if you are going to pursue a CR1...

If you want to pursue CR1 as well, then contact your lawyer to state you want to do so or discuss it..

If you have received the P3, then you should be able to call DOS and confirm when:

1) it is received

2) when it is in the computer

3) Name check status: Started / Finished

4) Eligible for interview yet (implies name check is done)

Typically, the dates for P3 to P4 have been 120 days; P3 to interview is 150 days.. but I would maybe shave off two weeks now with the consulate move.

I'd try DOS and see if they will give info.. Have your SOs name, DOB, and GUZ number ready...

If the Fee Bill and the Affidavit of Support was sent to your attorney, than you should be getting all of those within a day or 2 from your attorney, otherwise your attorney is sleeping on the job. Like DavidZixuan say, you can choose to go with the CR1 or not. However, your lawyer should send you the fee bills and Affidavit of Support. This was how my lawyer did for my cases.

Edited by ckhang (see edit history)
I thought that Scott had stated in another post that he was [originally] pursuing only the K3 (based on advice from his lawyer)... maybe we need clarification from Scott, who needs it from the lawyer if CR1 is still to be pursued ?

156431[/snapback]

I tried to contact my attorney.... He is on a 2 week vacation and there is nobody in his office handling his cases or calls!!! :angry:

To answer your question - I did originally think the K3 was my only option - I have learned since then that I still can go CR1.

So I guess I now wait until Oct 4 for my attorney to return to work for me to do anything with this CR1 portion of the process!!! :angry:

I truthfully have NO IDEA of what to do or at what point I should change and go the CR1 route??? The thing that makes me mad is that the attorney never really explained this CR1 option to me - when I questioned him recently - he only then said we still have that option open to us????? Whatever that means???:huh: :huh:

If anybody wants to take the time and tell me HOW I change to CR1 and when it is considered to make good sense........... because I will go crazy waiting on my attorney to return to the office before I know the answers!!! :wacko:

Thannks All,

Scott

mmm....I looked at scotts short timeline and it says that he got P3.  Is this P3 for K3 or CR1.  If it is P3 for CR1 than the cases is still at NVC, just like my CR1.  Do clarifiy for us which P3 it is also.

156432[/snapback]

It is a K3 P3.

156439[/snapback]

Ok, your K3 is in GZ...that much is good... Now to the CR1, if you want to go for the CR1 also than all you need to do is get the Visa Processing Fee Bill and the Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee Bill from you attorney and pay the Fee Bills. I forgot how much but I think both fee bills are around $400. Mail that by USPS next Day service.... When NVC gets the fee bill, they will prepare the P3 packets (DS-230, I864...ETC) and mail that to your Lawyer. Your lawyer then will mail that packet to you. As usual, just follow the steps provide by the NVC......... My CR1 is still at NVC..... my K3 is in GZ and waiting....

I thought that Scott had stated in another post that he was [originally] pursuing only the K3 (based on advice from his lawyer)... maybe we need clarification from Scott, who needs it from the lawyer if CR1 is still to be pursued ?

156431[/snapback]

If anybody wants to take the time and tell me HOW I change to CR1 and when it is considered to make good sense........... because I will go crazy waiting on my attorney to return to the office before I know the answers!!! :angry:

Thannks All,

Scott

156438[/snapback]

It would be a waste of time and money to pay the fees for the IV since your qizi has already received the P3 for K3. I hope that it's been sent back to GZ already. In the meantime, sit back and wait for P4 and the subsequent interview. Save your money for the AOS filing once she is here in the states.

156431[/snapback]

If anybody wants to take the time and tell me HOW I change to CR1 and when it is considered to make good sense........... because I will go crazy waiting on my attorney to return to the office before I know the answers!!! :wacko:

Thannks All,

Scott

156438[/snapback]

It would be a waste of time and money to pay the fees for the IV since your qizi has already received the P3 for K3. I hope that it's been sent back to GZ already. In the meantime, sit back and wait for P4 and the subsequent interview. Save your money for the AOS filing once she is here in the states.

156447[/snapback]

I'm with TY on this one.... he stole my thunder... and saved you money!!

Scott, you are so close, keep on track....

consider firing the lawyer :ph34r: