Couple of queestions

Hi, I am just trying to prepare everything to make sure that we will have all the needed information to get her here but I am unsure of a few things:

- I have the last 3 years of taxes but I also had a co-sponsor file the petition thinking it would make things move smoothly as well as faster, should this be a problem?

-should my cosponsor write a letter (she is my best friend since i was 14) and if so what should it say?

-as for emails me and cindy sent eachother do i need to just press print or do i also need to print some sort of details like Ip adress,etc?

-My wife and I mostly communicated via Yahoo messenger, telephone and a few letters BUT she has not saved all the envelopes form the letters- are they a requirement?

Any advice will be greatly and thankfully appreciated!!! :huh: <_<

<_< Welcome Aboard Tommy :huh:

Need a little more information. What you are asking about, sponsership and evidence of income for support is need closer to the end of the process for a K-3 and about the middle of the process for a CR-1.

Or are you just starting out? and getting ahead of yourself?

<_< Welcome Aboard Tommy :huh:

Need a little more information. What you are asking about, sponsership and evidence of income for support is need closer to the end of the process for a K-3 and about the middle of the process for a CR-1.

Or are you just starting out? and getting ahead of yourself?

156006[/snapback]

No she has her interview at the end of October, it is k-3 I married her in china because it was important for her, I have evidence of income but i also a co-sponsor for cindy....

:D Congratulations on the interview date :D

I understand the K-3. We did it for the same reason.

If your income is above the poverty guidelines for the amount of people you support you do not need a co-sponser. But it does not hurt to have one, it is not looked at as bad by Guangzhou. Just have them fill out a I-134 and provide the needed documents, and have the I-134 it self notarized.

Just print out the emails, I have heard of Guangzhou being picky one time about someone not having the envelopes for letters sent. But if you don't have them then still take the letters.

Phone bills, chat logs, lots of pictures you together with family and friends.

Go through the links and resources section above and look for anything about preparing for the interveiw. Most of the stuff is the same K-1, K-3 or CR-1.

Are you going to go for the interview? If you can be there it is a good idea for support of your wife and shows reinforced evidence of relationship to the VO if your waiting outside.

Edited by Gene (see edit history)
:D Congratulations on the interview date :D

I understand the K-3. We did it for the same reason.

If your income is above the poverty guidelines for the amount of people you support you do not need a co-sponser. But it does not hurt to have one, it is not looked at as bad by Guangzhou. Just have them fill out a I-134 and provide the needed documents, and have the I-134 it self notarized.

Just print out the emails, I have heard of Guangzhou being picky one time about someone not having the envelopes for letters sent. But if you don't have them then still take the letters.

Phone bills, chat logs, lots of pictures you together with family and friends.

Go through the links and resources section above and look for anything about preparing for the interveiw. Most of the stuff is the same K-1, K-3 or CR-1.

Are you going to go for the interview? If you can be there it is a good idea for support of your wife and shows reinforced evidence of relationship to the VO if your waiting outside.

156017[/snapback]

Yes I am going to china a week before - I want to do some sight seeing - last time i went we went to a few cities, we had this pizza from pizza hut that had some topping that was flaky and moving, my wife ate it, not me!! But to get back on topic, how will they know if I am outside, I am so nervous for her and myself because on the 22nd of November I get a shoulder surgery done and really hoped she would be home in the US with me to help me!

Welcome !! Good luck, do the reserach and ask questions.

I am not a big fan of Pizza Hut, But Ying likes to go sometimes. The flaky, moving stuff is fish flakes. No worries !!!

When in China, eat and enjoy the local offerings, save the questions on what you ate for after the meal. Visit KFC, McD, etc just to compare the menu with US counterpart

As long as your income is 125% of the poverty guidelines having a co sponsor is needless paper work.  Maybe it wont hurt but I doubt seriously it would help either.  If anything it may confuse them.

156030[/snapback]

I agree. If I were you, I would have your friend fill out the I-134 and get the required documents, but just keep them in reserve. Don't present them at the interview unless, for some reason, they say your income isn't sufficient. But that shouldn't happen. As far as I can tell, there is no subjectivity on this matter. Either you have enough money or you don't.

As long as your income is 125% of the poverty guidelines having a co sponsor is needless paper work.  Maybe it wont hurt but I doubt seriously it would help either.  If anything it may confuse them.

156030[/snapback]

I agree. If I were you, I would have your friend fill out the I-134 and get the required documents, but just keep them in reserve. Don't present them at the interview unless, for some reason, they say your income isn't sufficient. But that shouldn't happen. As far as I can tell, there is no subjectivity on this matter. Either you have enough money or you don't.

156064[/snapback]

what about proof of phone calls and emails - i used yahoo messenger and i can press call to talk to her via microphone and she does the same but there will not be proof of it... :angry:

156030[/snapback]

156064[/snapback]

what about proof of phone calls and emails - i used yahoo messenger and i can press call to talk to her via microphone and she does the same but there will not be proof of it... :angry:

156259[/snapback]

Dated photos of the two of you and her family is helpful.

You can print off the Yahoo typed chats if you are archieving them (a setting in Yahoo Messenger)

Emails: again she can print those off.

It would be helpful to know how far along in the process you are.

156030[/snapback]

156064[/snapback]

156259[/snapback]

You can print off the Yahoo typed chats if you are archieving them (a setting in Yahoo Messenger)

156275[/snapback]

well her interview is for the end of next month, we have been married for 2 years and 2 months.

we aved the chats and emailsbut when I printed one of the yahoo chats - no date or anything was on it...what should be done about that? :unsure:

156030[/snapback]

156064[/snapback]

what about proof of phone calls and emails - i used yahoo messenger and i can press call to talk to her via microphone and she does the same but there will not be proof of it... :wacko:

156259[/snapback]

156275[/snapback]

well her interview is for the end of next month, we have been married for 2 years and 2 months.

we aved the chats and emailsbut when I printed one of the yahoo chats - no date or anything was on it...what should be done about that? :ph34r:

156417[/snapback]

Hi, welcome and good luck on the interview...

You can go into the chat and just add the date from the file date to the top of your chat