Guz number for K3

Well I called the DOS to try to get the Guz number for my K3 and all she showed was the Cr-1. I expained that I had a K3 going through and was trying to get the case number for it and all she said was it was canceled cause of the Cr-1. She also said that my wife was eldigible for a visa and just waiting for an interview date. Should I be exicited?

I emailed Guz Sunday and recieved the Case not here yet email on Monday, fast reply time! I guess maybe it got entered in those 2 days?

I then called the NVC and they gave me the Guz case number for my K3.

Well I called the DOS to try to get the Guz number for my K3 and all she showed was the Cr-1.  I expained that I had a K3 going through and was trying to get the case number for it and all she said was it was canceled cause of the Cr-1.  She also said that my wife was eldigible for a visa and just waiting for an interview date.  Should I be exicited? 

I emailed Guz Sunday and recieved the Case not here yet email on Monday, fast reply time!  I guess maybe it got entered in those 2 days?

155935[/snapback]

Ours was sent 27 May 2005 and we haven't gotten an interview yet (P4). I call DOS everyday. They say it is 6 months from sent to interview (on average). We were married June 04 and applied immediately. I guess it just takes time...

you guys need to stock up on cheetos.....

Well I called the DOS to try to get the Guz number for my K3 and all she showed was the Cr-1.  I expained that I had a K3 going through and was trying to get the case number for it and all she said was it was canceled cause of the Cr-1.  She also said that my wife was eldigible for a visa and just waiting for an interview date.  Should I be exicited? 

I emailed Guz Sunday and recieved the Case not here yet email on Monday, fast reply time!  I guess maybe it got entered in those 2 days?

155935[/snapback]

Ours was sent 27 May 2005 and we haven't gotten an interview yet (P4). I call DOS everyday. They say it is 6 months from sent to interview (on average). We were married June 04 and applied immediately. I guess it just takes time...

155936[/snapback]

I was also entered into Guz on May 18th. Submitted September 23rd 04. It will be intersting to see how each one of us plays out. We are still in name Check.

155935[/snapback]

155936[/snapback]

I was also entered into Guz on May 18th. Submitted September 23rd 04. It will be intersting to see how each one of us plays out. We are still in name Check.

155946[/snapback]

Our name check was completed Aug 22 (approx). Keep saying we are awaiting interview

*After entering a case into their system, GZ would assign a second and different GUZ number then the number given by the NVC.

Are they still doing this?

*Policy states that a K3 petition would only be abandoned if the I-130 arrived at post first.

From what has been posted here lately about other cases, it seems that GZ is going against policy if they abandon a K3 petition when it it already at post before the I-130 ever arrives.

Is this, in fact, the case?

Ty,

Is your first question related to any visa type?

I have not heard of a second GUZ number, other than the one assigned by NVC... and that was used throughout my process (K1).

As for second question, I've only heard of K3 getting cancelled once the I-130 gets to post... the original poster sounds like the I-130 must be at post since she is eligible for an interview as a CR1.. but a timeline would help...

Ty,

Is your first question related to any visa type?

I have not heard of a second GUZ number, other than the one assigned by NVC... and that was used throughout my process (K1).

As for second question, I've only heard of K3 getting cancelled once the I-130 gets to post... the original poster sounds like the I-130 must be at post since she is eligible for an interview as a CR1.. but a timeline would help...

156076[/snapback]

Hi David,

First of all, let me congratulate you on getting your love here by your side at last. It sounds like you had a good time in China.

As far as my first question; GZ was assigning a new GUZ number to cases. There are some posts here about it by other members. GZ had assigned a new number to my wife's case at that time also.

I was just wondering if this is still happening or not. We were K3 and I don't remember if K1 petitions were involved.

And thanks for your answer on my second question.

Best wishes to the both of you!

Well I emaile the GUZ with the K3 case number and was told it wasnt here yet, only took them a day to return the email. The K3 case was sent a little over a month ahead of the Cr-1. I am not sure if the DOS said the Cr-1 would cancel the K3 or it had. She did say we were eldigible for an interview and just waiting for a date to be schduled. I guess I should have asked if we finished the name check. Maybe try to call tomorrow and ask.

David what timeline do you need? Everything I know is in my sig.

Edited by Chad (see edit history)