WIFES Adjustment of Status Moved

I think this maybe good as infolink is available maybe speed it up from about 2.5 years to 2 years..I got this from USCIS today.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 20, 2005, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Got exactly the same e-mail (even the same date) that my step son's application has been transferred. Maybe it's a good thing, but I don't know. Jingwen and KK (daughter) have already received their green cards, but Minghao's AOS has now been pending since 4/04. He had received an interview notice, but it was promptly cancelled, and USCIS wouldn't honor it. So, we wait.

PS, I'm moving the thread to the Immigration Challenges section.

Seeing as how Atlanta was taking almost 2 years to process an AOS, this is a good thing.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T GET IN LINE AHEAD OF US!@!!%&*@$!!!@2$!^%@$^%    :greenblob:  :greenblob:  :greenblob:

155862[/snapback]

Well buddy when your dealing with Atlanta the slowest in the country 1 day less is kinda an improvment for them.

At this point I really don't care she has been here for almost 2 years this March 06 and we have followed the law all the way so if they have plans on sending her back they better bring guns..Besides with the 10 million illegals in this country already(doesn't that burn you when we did every thing right)they should be to busy chasing them..yeah right..

Oh well just posting a little update.

Edited by mikem (see edit history)
Got exactly the same e-mail (even the same date) that my step son's application has been transferred.  Maybe it's a good thing, but I don't know.  Jingwen and KK (daughter) have already received their green cards, but Minghao's AOS has now been pending since 4/04.  He had received an interview notice, but it was promptly cancelled, and USCIS wouldn't honor it.  So, we wait.

155861[/snapback]

Thanks Frank,, :greenblob:

Ok this is scarry did they get all our names from CFL??

Wow I thought that if in Mass. you would go through Vermont for your AoS??

Well California use to be the 2nd fastest in the country we shall see.

Has anyone used the Infolink sevice yet to set appointments etc. It is my understanding that this reduces the time down to about 3 months.

He had received an interview notice, but it was promptly cancelled, and USCIS wouldn't honor it.?So, we wait.

155861[/snapback]

My wife's AOS interview was also cancelled but I took her anyways.

Couldn't you have done the same thing?

155954[/snapback]

We went on the appointed day and everything looked good until they tried to cross check the name on the print out of scheduled appointments/notices - couldn't find my step son's name. I said it must be a mistake. They didn't buy it. :)

He had received an interview notice, but it was promptly cancelled, and USCIS wouldn't honor it.?So, we wait.

155861[/snapback]

My wife's AOS interview was also cancelled but I took her anyways.

Couldn't you have done the same thing?

155954[/snapback]

We went on the appointed day and everything looked good until they tried to cross check the name on the print out of scheduled appointments/notices - couldn't find my step son's name. I said it must be a mistake. They didn't buy it. :)

155959[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that, Frank. Did CIS give you any reason for the cancellation? I can't see how they can do this without giving a person a reason. Well, hopefully you'll hear soon from them.

-good luck

Sorry to hear that, Frank. Did CIS give you any reason for the cancellation? I can't see how they can do this without giving a person a reason. Well, hopefully you'll hear soon from them.

-good luck

155963[/snapback]

I later found out that the appointment was cancelled because the biometrics were over a year old - not that fingerprints change much in a year. :greenblob: We got another notice earlier this month and had the biometrics done again. I'm almost willing to bet that we'll get another notice requiring an new medical exam since the one my step son had was done is early 2004. :greenblob:

-good luck

155963[/snapback]

I later found out that the appointment was cancelled because the biometrics were over a year old - not that fingerprints change much in a year. :blink: We got another notice earlier this month and had the biometrics done again. I'm almost willing to bet that we'll get another notice requiring an new medical exam since the one my step son had was done is early 2004. :unsure:

156075[/snapback]

This is exactly what happened to us Frank. From the time we started the initial paperwork for the visa through the time we finished with AOS, Li was fingerprinted three times and had three physicals. :blink: :angry:

155938[/snapback]

Our case should eventually land us at the Boston office. Not sure that the case was ever there. Applied to the lockbox in Chicago, did biometrics in Boston in June, and now this. I'm hoping it means we are close to having an interview scheduled. Other recent Boston timelines I've seen have been running 11-13 months.

155938[/snapback]

Our case should eventually land us at the Boston office. Not sure that the case was ever there. Applied to the lockbox in Chicago, did biometrics in Boston in June, and now this. I'm hoping it means we are close to having an interview scheduled. Other recent Boston timelines I've seen have been running 11-13 months.

156099[/snapback]

Ok I am am originally from upstate New York and have seen many who go through Boston and Vermont they just seem to be faster there for some reason maybe have their sh** together better but I am sure you will get your AoS faster then us they will still send back to Atlanta for interview and I am sure it will some how still be slow..