Left China; in US

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back home David. You have yourself a good rest from your trip. After that can you explain why the EAD was not obvious? Is it tiny or is it separate from the visa? What does it look like now?

156042[/snapback]

When your SO is on the plane, they will fill out two forms for arrival, one of which is the I-94, a white card with separation parts that can be torn off.

One of the parts is torn off in customs and stapled to the page adjacent to the visa (at least ours was).. and on the back side of that white part of the I-94 is the EAD stamp (since it is staples to a page in the passport, you have to fold it back to see the backside).

EAD is good for 90 days... and has a few benefits...

Hello David, Welcome home with your Love. ....."she skipped around everywhere ..... stopped to smell the flowers .....tried to play with the squirrels" Beautiful! and Wow!- to both of you. Thank you for your many informed posts and reasoned thought. I'll be returning through POE JFK soon with my fiancee, so a simple (simpleton?) question if you have a chance. Which immigration line together? If you don't see this in a couple of days - I certainly understand. Best of the Bests to you.

Hello David,   Welcome home with your Love.  ....."she skipped around everywhere ..... stopped to smell the flowers .....tried to play with the  squirrels"  Beautiful!  and Wow!- to both of you.  Thank you for your many informed posts and reasoned thought.  I'll be returning through POE JFK soon with my fiancee, so a simple (simpleton?) question if you have a chance.  Which immigration line together?   If you don't see this in a couple of days - I certainly understand.   Best of the Bests to you.

156123[/snapback]

Sorry.. hope you see this..

There are lines for USC and lines for all others (cannot recall if named as immigration, foreign visitor or what).. it is this all others line.

No one asked me why I was in that line.. We both went up to the booth at the same time and handed all the info over, the two passports and the plastic cover with from GUZ. (FYI: When leaving China customs, we did not go to the booth together, and the chinese officer asked me to come up and asked if I was her petitioner).

The immigrant officer asked us to open the folder and take out the contents.

At that time, I asked about the EAD stamp and he said, we'll take care of that during this process.

They told us to go to the office, where a person was taking the paperwork given by the immigrant officer and then we were told to wait in a line... we waited maybe under an hour..name was called... passport returned with I-94 stapled inside and EAD on back of that.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Just to continue the update...

She continues to talk to the squirrels.. calling them over like calling a dog or cat to your side... although during our last night walk , it was evident that she is a bit afraid of medium to large dogs that come up to her side, particuarly if running at full gallop :) .. She practically climbed my back last night .

The cars which drive by with the radio blasting loud enough for pedestrians to hear puts her into dancing a small jig... :D

We went to eat "chicken fly" last night (chicken wings). :rolleyes:

At times, I think I'm with a 3 year old.. every street sign, she tries to pronounciate; every word I saw, she repeats like a parrot :ph34r:

One sign said, "Free Checking", and she responded, "Why free?".

ANother sign on a lawn said, "Vote Yes", and she responded, "Why vote yes?"

We talked about some topic and it got too complicated to explain, so I said we'd talk later (on the computer).. she said, "you talk, I guess" :)

We get a laugh out of all this.. life does not get any better once you are together... :D

Awwwww, David. Check back a few years ago when Xiahong just got here. I told a number of very similar stories and I used the phrase "looking at my world through her eyes"; or something like that. It really does give us a fresh new look at what we long ago stopped noticing. Treasure these moments and your new found awareness of the familiar.

156746[/snapback]

Thanks all for the kind words...

Yes, I agree... I am discovering my own town with all the walks and talks ! :) Cherish the moment...

Today, she said, "I want to help cut your face" (shave your face)

Handed my daily morning warm salt water and said, "Bottoms off" :rolleyes: ... wasn't sure whether to drop my pants before or after the drink. (she meant 'bottoms up'--drink it up).

We had pancakes and broke the chinese cooking routine (we are both usually cooking everything together)... I topped my pancakes with butter and syrup; she topped hers with preserved vegetables. We both ate with chopsticks... :)