Dont get sick in China!!!!

The first and now the third time ive come to China I have gotten sick. Let me say this how is medicine supposed to help yget better if upon putting it in your mout h it must be spit out. I have never tatsed anything so vile in my life as the stuff these people injest as medicine...and it hasnt helped. I asked my wife "If China is the oldest civilization in the world why havent the invented a medicine that tastes good?" She just laughed......I did to but I am longing for some flavored American stufyy. Also because I have had a stomach flew this trip now for 5 days we wnt to the doctors.......they need Sesmes Streets word of the day "SANITARY".......needless to say I wasnt gonna be stuck with a needle in this place it was bad enough I saw them use the same equipment on diffrent patients without being staralized before each use. DO NOT GET SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first and now the third time ive come to China I have gotten sick. Let me say this how is medicine supposed to help yget better if upon putting it in your mout h it must be spit out. I have never tatsed anything so vile in my life as the stuff these people injest as medicine...and it hasnt helped. I asked my wife "If China is the oldest civilization in the world why havent the invented a medicine that tastes good?" She just laughed......I did to but I am longing for some flavored American stufyy. Also because I have had a stomach flew this trip now for 5 days we wnt to the doctors.......they need Sesmes Streets word of the day "SANITARY".......needless to say I wasnt gonna be stuck with a needle in this place it was bad enough I saw them use the same equipment on diffrent patients without being staralized before each use. DO NOT GET SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

155479[/snapback]

I take a bunch of Pepto with me and start with a small dose on the airplane and take a propylactic dose as long as I'm there. Never had to use a squatter in two trips. Better luck than Mexico. I have Always experienced "discomfort" there :lol:

155479[/snapback]

Adam,

I can't agree with you on some aspects. First time I went to China to meet then fiancee Yin, I inadvertently entered PRC with West Nile fever. Became very incapacitated and was islolated in Sichuan University Hospital. I personally have never had better care, three physicians were assigned to me. This was due to Chinese physician's not having much experience with West Nile fever. West Nile is more of N America origins.

Due to constant IV's, had nurses 24 hours a day. Nurses were sneaking in food to me and constantly practicing theri English. Man, were they pretty things to! Unfortunately, Yin became more than PO'd about this. She talked with hospital staff and was given a room and bed, in the same room with me, for my entire stay. Ah well, end of the "eyeballing" of nurses. It was fun while it lasted!

To make a story short, The physicians later told me that they had expected for me to die, since I entered the hospital after 4 days of 104 fever, blinding headaches from spinal menigitis and cerberal endema. They turned every effort they had in saving my life. Very, very comparable to a US hospital. The bill came to $3,000. In US, it probably would have been close to $25,000.

I will agree with you about their over counter medications. The taste does resemble a snake's butt. Some does work, some doesn't. Unfortunately, your better half upon arival in the US, will "streak" immediately to the local Chinatown and obtain Chinese medication and vitamins and health drinks.

Adam, best advice, better get used to it! You're marrying a Chinese woman. You have just subjected yourself to the role of her personal lab rat! (LOL) Enjoy the ride! Just remember, hold your nose when she medicates and/or cares for you.

But only in China can you buy "Madame Pearl's Cough Syrup" over the counter. I can't say for sure what it is, but it should have been banned after the Opium Wars. Good for colds/coughs/fever/flu and Pink Floyd concerts.

155489[/snapback]

I'm a Pink Floyd fan, I think I want to know more about Madame Pearl ! :D

Ahem, I think I am getting a cold.

Guest ShaQuaNew
The first and now the third time ive come to China I have gotten sick. Let me say this how is medicine supposed to help yget better if upon putting it in your mout h it must be spit out.

155479[/snapback]

The most important thing that you can take to China is a cork. This cork must be properly sized to fit the appropriate place, with a special edge on it to prevent accidental expulsion. Once you return home, you can safely remove this cork.

While in China for the petition, Jenny got sick and I got to see first hand medical practice in one of GZ's best hospitals.

Service was fast and efficient compared to US and much cheaper. Sat in big room with dozens of people getting drip IV's watching how things work.

Sanitation was pathetic. Saw many nurses with cut fingers bleeding all over. Lots of contaminated stuff left in open containers. Broken glass on the floor and typical filthy Chinese restrooms. Personaly, I would not enter a Chinese Hospital unless dying.

I also watched a program while there that talked about HIV contamination of blood supply. Apparently there is a big black market for blood. People sell it and it is not well regulated. Whole towns have been wiped out by transfusions of contaminated blood. So, don't get blood in China.

ahh the ol' cork routine.

i should have thought about this last time i was there.

although my girl did find some type of natural medicine hat worked really well. once i took it....

but the advice about taking along the pepto and beginging taking it before you eat anything might not be a bad idea

But... but... Jim I love Pitan. I like it in rice gruel or with duck and preserves or by itself as a snack in soy and sesame oil. Yummy those eggs are good.

My SO is quick to go to the Doctor both Western and Chinese. The antibiotics she took were with a narcotic. She likes the ones that knock you out and you wake up better. I prefer the milder treatments. By the way the antibiotic was imported from England. It is not available in the U.S.

The first and now the third time ive come to China I have gotten sick. Let me say this how is medicine supposed to help yget better if upon putting it in your mout h it must be spit out.

155479[/snapback]

The most important thing that you can take to China is a cork. This cork must be properly sized to fit the appropriate place, with a special edge on it to prevent accidental expulsion. Once you return home, you can safely remove this cork.

155570[/snapback]

Interesting idea and a quick search on the web provided a bit of information, including: "Huge selection of hundreds of b*** p***s including: Pyrex, Glass, Silicone, Rubber, Steel, and Vinyl. Fast, safe, discrete shipping to your door."

I even saw mention of an inflatable model of the product, no, no, no, not inflateable models, but I'm sure they were on a related page. :P

Now we seem to have Kinky travel tips on CFL :lol: :rolleyes: :lol: