Affadavit of Support

Hi all. Please help if possible. I understood that all I needed for the affadavit of suport was the notarized I-134, signed along with three years of tax returns. The woman at INS today told me that I needed the I-864 with all of the accompanying documents. What exactly do we need to show? Do I need all the other forms listed on the I-134 form? Job records, bank accounts, etc...or will the tax forms alone suffice?

Thank you so much. I am bringing this stuff to her this weekend.....

dave

This is the info I got from INS when I first filed our I-129 petitiion back in October, 2001. I-134 is for before your spouse arrives in the U.S. She will take it to the interview with her. I-864 is for after you are married, which you will file later. Yes, you need Job records, bank accounts, etc, in addition to tax returns. Only one year of tax return required for I-134 (3 years for I-864), but best to provide 3 years with I-134 also to be safe. :o

For the interview you need a completed I-134 plus a letter from your employer describing your job,Last Years Tax Return.It helps to have a deed to your property,Life Insurance statement from the company. Everything has to be notarized, chain authetication prefferred.

After your married you need I 130 and 2 others I forget which ones.

I sent, I 130, My Deed,Tax Return,Insurance Policy,Car Title, Letter Of employment, All notarized and authenticated by the secretary of state

in Ky.

Mine was approved in 5 minutes.

For the interview you need a completed I-134 plus a letter from your employer describing your job,Last Years Tax Return.It helps to have a deed to your property,Life Insurance statement from the company. Everything has to be notarized, chain authetication prefferred.

After your married you need I 130 and 2 others I forget which ones.

I sent, I 130, My Deed,Tax Return,Insurance Policy,Car Title, Letter Of employment, All notarized and authenticated by the secretary of state

in Ky.

Mine was approved in 5 minutes.

Keep copies for your records. Just in case the shredder Queen in Cali finds them.

OK, thanks, that's what I thought. I guess I'm not the first person to run into a misinformed INS employee. I wonder how many people have made mistakes that cost them months because of such an error... :(

Thanks again,

Dave

You have the option to do either the I-134 or I-864 prior for the interview. Most people just do the simpler I-134.

....Now we are just hoping to keep it under one year.

Dave

Dave, hopefully the complaining, moaning, calls, emails, faxes, and meetings that we have been and continue to make will make your and future applicants' waiting much shorter than the wait we have endured. At this point, I am hoping to keep our wait under 2 years.

For now I realize that I have a long-distance relationship, and I have taken a job that will allow me to visit her whenever I can afford it. Looking back, I can say that the best advice I can give to everyone who is still in the early stages of the process is to visit your fiancee as often as possible while you wait on INS.

Yes, Dave, to me you are still in the early (well actually mid) stage of this process. Hopefully the recent activity is a result of the actions by members' on Candle which will lead to the process speeding up for current and future fiancees.

Wolfman, very good advise!

Dave, congrats on your P3 recently, hopefully will get your P4 soon. I just got my NOA2 and would like to ask you something about P3:

1. Since DS-230 can be downloaded, can you send your fiance the filled PDF form through e-mail and be acceptable by GZ, instead of her filling the actual form from GZ?

2. Is there a Chinese version of DS-230 in the packet? I know there is a Chinese form for OF-169.

3. Can you complete OF-169 and send out with DS-230 the same day, even if certain items in the lists are actually haven't gotten yet? Thank you very much

....Now we are just hoping to keep it under one year.

Dave

Dave, hopefully the complaining, moaning, calls, emails, faxes, and meetings that we have been and continue to make will make your and future applicants' waiting much shorter than the wait we have endured. At this point, I am hoping to keep our wait under 2 years.

For now I realize that I have a long-distance relationship, and I have taken a job that will allow me to visit her whenever I can afford it. Looking back, I can say that the best advice I can give to everyone who is still in the early stages of the process is to visit your fiancee as often as possible while you wait on INS.

Yes, Dave, to me you are still in the early (well actually mid) stage of this process. Hopefully the recent activity is a result of the actions by members' on Candle which will lead to the process speeding up for current and future fiancees.

Hey AZ! Thats a good point. What we are doing now will lay the foundation for future couples. We have created a community,which really stands on its own as somthing unique. At some level weve really become ambassadors to another culture. I think that we are improving the condition of our world.

Wolfman, very good advise!

Dave, congrats on your P3 recently, hopefully will get your P4 soon.  I just got my NOA2 and would like to ask you something about P3:

1.  Since DS-230 can be downloaded, can you send your fiance the filled PDF form through e-mail and be acceptable by GZ, instead of her filling the actual form from GZ?

2.  Is there a Chinese version of DS-230 in the packet? I know there is a Chinese form for OF-169.

3.  Can you complete OF-169 and send out with DS-230 the same day, even if certain items in the lists are actually haven't gotten yet?  Thank you very much

Hi. I don't know the answers to the questions although I am sure that someone on this site does. Sorry! My fiance filled out the forms without my ever having seen them. I believe they were all in both Chinese and English. As far as waiting to have all of the forms, I don't see why that would be necessary unless you anticipate an immediate interview which isn't very likely. I don't know about e-mailing forms and getting them accepted by GZ.

Dave

Yes, I am grateful for all the efforts of those who have gone before us. Anything done to improve the process benefits us all and is why I hope we all continue to work together toward a common goal - making this a humane and reasonable process for everyone. :lol:

Dave

I agree that this is something of a community. I hope it continues to serve some function in the future - although hopefully a different one.