Is this a trick?!!?

Guest fhtb

We had our AOS interview a couple of weeks ago, got the EAD last week, just for a lark I thought I'd check AOS status on-line. The message says we were approved Sept 15 and they are issuing us a card! This was a lot quicker than I expected since we only filed in mid-June, and it seems like many people have had to wait almost a year or more. I double-checked to make sure I hadn't typed in the EAD case number by accident, but no, that has a different message and a different date (Sept 8th).

I guess there's no rhyme or reason to when approvals will happen. Sorry for those who are still waiting who applied way before us!! I almost can't believe we're done with this yet.

IMPORTANT for those worried about communist party membership: my wife was a communist party member and we were completely open about it both at the interview in China and the AOS interview.

- fhtb

ps. "does issuing card" mean issuing GREEN card?

My wife received her welcome to america letter 12 days after her AOS interview and the green card arrived 6 days after that. It's getting to the interview that's slow for many. Our AOS only took about 3 months start to finish but that was before they quit letting area offices do it.

MMMMMMMMMMMM I dunno guys. I'm pretty sure it is a government trick of some kind. Who do they think they are messing with?? Do they think they can fool the great minds of the Candle just by doing something on time for a change? yuppers, it's a trick alrighty--now if we can all think of a way to get them to keep fooling us!!!!

congrats man--can you say CLOSURE????

I'm still waiting to see what CIS is going to do about the EAD card I e-filed and paid for back in MAy since my wife now has her GC.

Haven't heard a thing from CIS. Probably never will!......... :)

155406[/snapback]

Yeah, not even a thank you note. I'd sugget not inviting them to dinner if they're going to act like that. :P

Tricks right, it is a Trigg!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMPORTANT for those worried about communist party membership: my wife was a communist party member and we were completely open about it both at the interview in China and the AOS interview.

- fhtb

This is really good to know, thanks for that tidbit of info. That's the first time I've read anything on the CCP affect at the AOS interview.

congrats.

Thanks for the congrats, everybody. My wife got her "Welcome to the United States" letter today! So if it's a trick, they're really getting carried away.

Hope others in the queue make it out soon,

- fhtb

this is an unbelieveable story! congrats guys.

i'm curious, what field office did you guys go through? from the uscis site, it looks like most are backed-up a year or more for aos processing. just wondering if the uscis processing time for aos are reliable... anyone else know?

155744[/snapback]

We filed through Chicago and had our interview in San Diego. I was very surprised to get approved so fast because I thought the Chicago times would apply (currently Nov 15, 2004). I wasn't expecting us to be approved for another 7-8 months and didn't even know there was a separate time table for the San Diego office. I just found the San Diego time table and it says June 1, 2005. We applied mid-June so they are actually a little ahead of what is on the web site.

There seems to be a fairly amazing regional variability on processing times:

San Diego: June 1, 2005

Los Angeles: April 25, 2005

San Francisco: Jan 28, 2005

Chicago, Illinois: November 15, 2004

Miami, Forida: October 29, 2004

Philadelphia, PA: June 28, 2004

This is one case where I definitely wouldn't "rather be in Philadelphia."

Egads - but Hawaii is May 1, 2004!

Alaska is April 15, 2005. I might have expected them to be slower.

Portland, Oregon is almost as fast as San Diego: May 9, 2005. And several CFL members from Oregon had rapid interviews. Perhaps the regional office times are a decent predictor, except for special circumstances.

this is an unbelieveable story! congrats guys.

i'm curious, what field office did you guys go through? from the uscis site, it looks like most are backed-up a year or more for aos processing. just wondering if the uscis processing time for aos are reliable... anyone else know?

155744[/snapback]

We filed through Chicago and had our interview in San Diego. I was very surprised to get approved so fast because I thought the Chicago times would apply (currently Nov 15, 2004). I wasn't expecting us to be approved for another 7-8 months and didn't even know there was a separate time table for the San Diego office. I just found the San Diego time table and it says June 1, 2005. We applied mid-June so they are actually a little ahead of what is on the web site.

There seems to be a fairly amazing regional variability on processing times:

San Diego: June 1, 2005

Los Angeles: April 25, 2005

San Francisco: Jan 28, 2005

Chicago, Illinois: November 15, 2004

Miami, Forida: October 29, 2004

Philadelphia, PA: June 28, 2004

This is one case where I definitely wouldn't "rather be in Philadelphia."

Egads - but Hawaii is May 1, 2004!

Alaska is April 15, 2005. I might have expected them to be slower.

Portland, Oregon is almost as fast as San Diego: May 9, 2005. And several CFL members from Oregon had rapid interviews. Perhaps the regional office times are a decent predictor, except for special circumstances.

155970[/snapback]

thanks for the reply. but for us, i guess we're toward the bottom of the barrel.... st. paul, mn: sept. 30, 2004. just hope we can get ead soon, and ap by feb. <_<