Will this be a problem?

You know the P4 forms ... the family composition sheet? On question 5, I didn't know what we should put ... it's asking how the petitioner entered the U.S.

Well, I'm a citizen. I was born here.

My wife left that one blank. Now, she's already had the medical exam and it is sealed up in the envelope.

Will that be a problem at the interview? Do they look at those forms carefully, and would they let her fill in the answer?

This is only a guess but since the paper work includes evidence of your citizenship and if you included a birth certificate showing you were born in the U.S.. I'd say they will ignore it or have her fill it in at interview. This is a cover all form and the question is for nationalized citizens or permanent residents. As long as the VO realizes this I expect it will be overlooked.

We entered "By Birth".

Take a deap breath--relax-inhale------exhale-----inhale-----exhale.. good! you will be fine, you will get your visa---but you may have a major heart attack in the meantime--inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale------inhale-----exhale---inhale---exhale

Caution when stoppingthe above excerise use extreme caution --sudden bouts of doing neither of the above can be fatal-(disclaimer by trigg)

You know the P4 forms ... the family composition sheet? On question 5, I didn't know what we should put ... it's asking how the petitioner entered the U.S. 

My wife left that one blank. Now, she's already had the medical exam and it is sealed up in the envelope.

Will that be a problem at the interview? Do they look at those forms carefully, and would they let her fill in the answer?

154627[/snapback]

I wouldn't give it a second thought since there's nothing you can do about it now that the form is sealed away inside the medical envelope. Just have her prepared to answer the question if it comes up.

154627[/snapback]

I wouldn't give it a second thought since there's nothing you can do about it now that the form is sealed away inside the medical envelope. Just have her prepared to answer the question if it comes up.

154634[/snapback]

Does the interviewer open the envelope at the interview? Does he/she spend much time looking at those forms?

Follow Trigg's, Dan's, and Frank's advice... I think you will be fine, but your hair will fall out if you keep worrying about things beyond your control at this point...

oh, now you can follow my advice to follow their advice, see how wonderful we work here!!! :huh:

Edited by HanLi (see edit history)
You know the P4 forms ... the family composition sheet? On question 5, I didn't know what we should put ... it's asking how the petitioner entered the U.S.?

154627[/snapback]

154634[/snapback]

Does the interviewer open the envelope at the interview? Does he/she spend much time looking at those forms?

154635[/snapback]

The VO put the envelope back through the opening and told my SO to open the envelope and to hand her all the contents...

I think very little time is spent looking at this particular form, In fact I lost the addresses to some of my family members on a piece of paper I brought along with me to china to fill out this form, and just put tdown their city and state.  We had no difficulties.

Good luck to you.

154730[/snapback]

Thanks everybody. You've made me feel better.

I think very little time is spent looking at this particular form, In fact I lost the addresses to some of my family members on a piece of paper I brought along with me to china to fill out this form, and just put tdown their city and state.  We had no difficulties.

Good luck to you.

154730[/snapback]

Can someone tell me the name of this form? IS there a form called an 8801?

154627[/snapback]

You laopo can prepare a written statement to show that question 5 does not apply to you. That you are not a naturalized citizen, but rather was born in US, i.e. a US citizen by birth. The question is very confusing and was left blank.