Skinny on Security and Background Check...

Guest ShaQuaNew

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew
I have a question about the common name issue.  Do they even bother to check social security numbers?  Concidering one can't even take a dump without one these days; you would think this is what they would focus on.

154475[/snapback]

The check everything. All variations of name spellings, aliases, phonetics. Then, they get "hits." From those hits it takes that interaction of a human to determine whether these hits belong to you. After this Rule-in Rule-out phase, the next assessment is to whether each hit is significant. The are looking for patterns. Who knows what methods they actually use, but it boils down to a deduction.

I called the FBI at 202-324-3625. I got a recording. I left a very clear and concise message, I NEVER HEARD BACK.

Jesse: Thanks for the insight. I am in "administrative review". My fiance's last name is very common....great.

The two of us combined can't come up with a parking ticket. Go figure.

going on 7 months and counting....

Who will give me back the time?

Phil

I have a question about the common name issue.  Do they even bother to check social security numbers?  Concidering one can't even take a dump without one these days; you would think this is what they would focus on.

154475[/snapback]

Not many Chinese have SSNs.

154507[/snapback]

These security checks he refers to are for Americans, not Chinese. :unsure:

I called the FBI at 202-324-3625.  I got a recording.  I left a very clear and concise message,  I NEVER HEARD BACK.

Jesse:  Thanks for the insight.  I am in "administrative review".  My fiance's last name is very common....great.

The two of us combined can't come up with a parking ticket.  Go figure.

going on 7 months and counting....

Who will give me back the time?

Phil

154514[/snapback]

Phil,

You will never get the time back but the future for you is bright and shiny!

I keep you and Yunyun in my thoughts daily...

Guest ShaQuaNew
If it is not too much trouble, do you have similar information about security checks for the SO in China?

Do the NSC, NVS and GUZ run these check on the fiance too?

154589[/snapback]

There's really very LITTLE information about the security / namecheck process and for that reason a number of points are widely debated. Some say there are two namechecks, some say one, others say three.

Bottom line, and this is VERY important, is that the US takes GREAT pains to be secretive about the methods it uses for security. No-one can penetrate it. There are people behind curtains that turn knobs and make funny little sounds.

Despite all that, there are a few things known. Don has done a lot of research.

see...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...=2992&hl=mantis

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...=2556&hl=mantis

somehow I don't feel "safe" :cheering:

Guest ShaQuaNew
When I was deep stuck in the process, I make some inroads to 'special' people at DOS. During one phone conversation, I made a statement of how I thought something worked; she gasped and said, "How do you know that? That's confidential!" Made my day.

154609[/snapback]

That's just it you know. Although there is much they DON'T tell us about immigration assessment there is much one can learn by observing. After looking at it a while you get a general shape of the thing. After you finally figure out it's a shape, then, you can fill in the empty space by sorting new information and placing it in the proper receptacle.

Some people are out here asking questions. Those of us interracting out here on this site. In the long run guys, by sharing our experiences both good and bad we lay the ground work to make this easier for that will follow us. The public will learn though voices like ours that torturing US citizens that love someone in China or whereever (well, unless it's Sicily) is not good for people that live in and LOVE this country. Well, I did at one time...

Guest ShaQuaNew
Excellent references goneflying.  These should probably be captured in key links or FAQs.

154890[/snapback]

Yeah, I was just reading them too. Good information....

...This post needs to go to the FAQ, and I will tell you why. Are you ready? Okay....here goes...

Most information out there fails to adequately explain the Security check process as being a key place of acceptance and denial. Some people will automatically be denied up front. Most criminals know it. On rare occasions, some have found that their loved ones have a less than stellar history. At some point during the process this will emerge.

One must take seriously this information. Prepare, be aware. If someone is gonna yank on your pee-pee, it's a good idea to know beforehand. Ones pee-pee may however be better served with the-other-hand. Rosie Palm has sometimes suggested the OFFHAND approach. Whatever you chooose it's important to do something. Remember, there is anti-callous cream available....

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)