please read this!! Visa in hand!!

now i can post the dates.

her interview was on sept 09 passed the interview

she picked the visa up on tuesday.

theres been many cases where a SO will have the interview,given a pink/red slip and told "your approved" and only to find a blue slip waiting at time for pickup 2 days later.

heres what i did, my SO's interview was on a friday she was told to return on tuesday at the post to get the visa, instead of waiting 2 days i called DOS on monday and the DOS agent told me "she had been approved at the interview and her visa has been prepared and completed"

now this is a very good way of knowing before going back to pick up the visa because after your SO has the interview and instead of waiting in limbo for 2 days wondering if the visa will actually be there for her or a blue slip you can be better prepaired, because if by chance there was a reverse approval after the interview you would know a day earlier and then you can have your SO bring all the evidence of your relationship with her to pick up the blue slip and then go to the consolate immediatly, i couldnt wait the 2 full days i called DOS the day after her interview and was told visa and no blue slip!! so for the people who cant go to the interview you can call the DOS after the interview and find out the best post-interview information "visa or blue slip" just my thoughts.

Guest ShaQuaNew
forgot this:

since there is a 12 hour difference in time between GUZ and DOS, you can call the morning (US time) after her interview and get this info.

i called at 830am Eastern time and was given the info i have been waiting so long to hear  :(

153864[/snapback]

They gots a pattern of behavior. Blessed be the one that observes it and grabs it's nuts in the middle of the night!

Is it okay for us non-K1 visa folks to post here? You are the one who discriminated in a couple of posts, aren't you?........J/K

Congrats on the visa!

153868[/snapback]

anyone can post here :(

i dont discriminate any visa type, its just when ever i needed information regarding K1 which is what i filed, my threads would get hijacked by CR1 members and the discussion would go off to another topic and my original topic was taken over so this is why i mostly mentioned only K1 or K3 applicants and not CR1. this didnt happen once or twice it happened everytime and i have been posting on here since march and noticed this problem so i requested postings that was related to my situation.

sorry if anyone took offense no punts intended, its just that i have been posting of forums for 6 years (prop forums) and this is a rule of "right of way" and common curtousy not to hijack a thread.

anyway...........CONRATS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS PASSED SEPT INTERVIEWS!!!

Edited by Inxsfan (see edit history)

I'm doing the CR-1, but congratulations to you anyway!!!! :P

when you email GUZ its downloaded into DOS's computers at 1200am eastern time , so any information GUZ puts in your file its in DOS's file also.

When they process the visa its recorded in Guz's computers thus DOS will know also.

Just like when you can call to get the interview date, you can also call to know if the visa has been prepared.

just an idea to throw out, this is what i did and was relieved a day early :-)

Thanks for the tip and CONGRATS to all who were successful on their interviews.

If anyone is not approved I wish it was that easy to just go back to the embassy to submit prove. Who knows how long its going to take now to get an appointment. King wrote the following earlier:

This is a heads up for all of you that might have to deal with the possibility of have your SO's visa application refused and having to provide additional evidence, known as the "overcome" process.

As of September 15, 2005, a new "overcome" procedure will be in effect. To submit "overcome" documents the applicant will need to make a telephone appointment, at a cost, to get a time and date to submit the additional evidence.

At this time, there has been no more info from the IV unit on this that I am aware of. I do not know yet how far forward the appointments will be set.