2 Quick Question for any one on CR1

I have 2 quick questions about. My wife and I are waiting for our CR1 interview. I hope somebody may know the answers.

1. I am working in Malaysia for a few months, and my wife is here with me. They have arranged for my work visa and she a spouse visa. Does anyone know if this will be an issue when she goes for an interview? Neither of us are residents here, just on a work assignment. I did it so we could be together and I would be able to go to the interview.

2. Once she arrives in the US, will she automatically be a resident as far as college is concerned? I am most concerned about being considered a California resident so she can take advantage of the low in-state cost of school. I think I read somewhere that she will be considered a resident since I am, but I am not sure.

Thanks so much for your help. Everyone at this site has been great. I am just waiting to get the call the P4 has been delivered.

Matt

I can't answer either question, but I am posting so it jumps back to the top of the forum, hopefully there are more folks that can give you some insight... good luck

I can't speak for all of CA, but in L.A., to get the resident rate, she will need to have been a resident of CA for one year. I also don't know if she needs to have been a LPR, but I do know that they will want to see letters mailed to her CA address or an apartment lease or other means to show that she has physically been present in CA for the last year. CA ID card will probably be enough!

You need to check the locality where you live as it may be different.

When I moved to Nevada, it was the same situation, I waited a year before enrolling to save big $$$.