Can't even feel excited anymore...

Guest David

I am happy to hear that some of your have received good news recently.

That said, I must say that I have been through this situation before. First it was in early December, when a few visas trickled out of Guangzhou. Then, it was in early January when some more people heard their cases had cleared. Now its happening again.

Each time, everyone gets excited, and then after a couple of weeks the visas stop clearing, people realize how few visas actually got cleared, and the remainders start going insane with anxiety and depression.

I'm not trying to say that good things aren't happening. I am just amazed at how numb I am now. Time was, this news would be enough to have me bouncing off the walls.

I feel like I have been permanently scarred by this mess... my wife has said the same thing. Luckily, it's not in a way that will hurt my marriage!

--David

david,

i'm with you... i remember getting all "happy" in december of '01 when the INS notice arrived. "woo! hoo! won't be long now!"

after GZ lost our info from INS, i went to china in April '02 to rebuild it (see "our story"), and had a meeting scheduled with Richard Adams at the consulate. i thought that would be the interview - and was all excited again. "this is it! i can take my bride HOME with me!"

Adams was a no show. but our interview was finally scheduled for July 20. "finally all this will be over, and we will have our visa in 24 hours."

"ok, so i had to make that silly tape - but there can be NOTHING to stop us on the August 16 re-interview."

...like the purpose of this site... hope has never been lost.

optimism is a difficult thing for any of us to get a handle on. like pavlov's dogs we have learned to be leery - usually the hardest way possible.

hang in there man. it'll happen.

same here too, I am not excited at those news at all, on December I was too excited to fall into sleep all night, on January it has been a big hope of me, each time I was leaded into deep hell of depression, the miserable emotion even made me very passive to the love of my husband, after I struggled out of the hell, I wouldn't like to be excited to any post unless visa were issued in my hand, I forcus more on my husband than on visa, I only pray all of us would be release from this situation ASAP. good luck to everyone!

Aloha from Hawaii,

I share the same feelings with all of you. My sanity is preserved only by my visits to

China to be with my wife. I will make my third trip nest month and I will be there for

another month. It costs and is time consuming. It keeps me sane. I am lucky to

work for a company that will let me take long vacations more than once a year.

Myles aka Annakuen'GG

Just called DOS.  It is still not clear. She couldn't tell me the time frame anymore.  I guess she doesn't know either.

I just called DOS too and got the same answer, "Pending". My fiancee had her interview on 12/30/02, said her info. were submitted in 10/02 for clearance. Now I am wondering if I want to contact GZ to resubmitted her info..... Tony were your fiancee's info. resubmitted to DOS?

Just called DOS.  It is still not clear.   She couldn't tell me the time frame anymore.  I guess she doesn't know either.

I just called DOS too and got the same answer, "Pending". My fiancee had her interview on 12/30/02, said her info. were submitted in 10/02 for clearance. Now I am wondering if I want to contact GZ to resubmitted her info..... Tony were your fiancee's info. resubmitted to DOS?

Yes,

Her info was submitted to DOS on 1/6/03 and her interview was on 9/11/02.

I feel guilty telling everyone to try to keep the faith and a positive attitude, because my fiance is now here with me.  I pray every day that soon there will be some light at the end of everyones tunnel.

It is because some people like you have been reunited with their love, that people like me can know that someday I will also see the light at the end of the tunnel. Your success story helps me to keep the faith. :o