Supplemental Shots

I called the civil surgeon's office, two of them in Boston area. They are saying my wife and daughter need to get a whole series of shot... since they have no records from China. The list is as follows and they will not sign the supplemental form until the series is complete... a six month or longer wait...

2ea-MMR (2nd at 4weeks)

2ea-Varicella aka Chicken Pox (2nd at 4weeks)

3ea-Polio (every 4 weeks)

3ea-Hep B (2nd at 4weeks, 3rd at 6 months)

3ea-Tetenus (2nd at 4 weeks, 3rd at 6month)

what have others encountered? one civil surgeon I called does not give shots...they just charge $25 to sign the form. Can I file the AOS without the I-693A..or will they bounce it back to me....

Thanks

Keith-N-Min

I called the civil surgeon's office, two of them in Boston area. They are saying my wife and daughter need to get a whole series of shot... since they have no records from China. The list is as follows and they will not sign the supplemental form until the series is complete... a six month or longer wait...

2ea-MMR (2nd at 4weeks)

2ea-Varicella aka Chicken Pox (2nd at 4weeks)

3ea-Polio (every 4 weeks)

3ea-Hep B (2nd at 4weeks, 3rd at 6 months)

3ea-Tetenus (2nd at 4 weeks, 3rd at 6month)

what have others encountered? one civil surgeon I called does not give shots...they just charge $25 to sign the form. Can I file the AOS without the I-693A..or will they bounce it back to me....

Thanks

Keith-N-Min

152184[/snapback]

If I recall, the only series of shots for Jingwen and the kids after they arrived was for Hep B. They did have a few shots done in China during the interview phase, and I can't remember if they might have had a second shot after they arrived. We went to county health and got the shots and brought the vaccination record to the civil surgeon for his use in completing the supplemental form.

As far as submitting the form with the AOS, we did, but others did not, opting to bring the supplement to the AOS interview. Maybe someone from the Boston area can shed some additional light on submitting the supplement with the AOS.

We did not need to file I-693A for the AOS in Boston. We did bring an envelope from the civil surgeon during the AOS interview. However, the VO didn't look at it. My wife only got 3 different shots and it took less than an hour at the civil surgeon office. Try calling different Civil Surgeons.

Technically the I-693 supplimental is not required to be sent in with the I-485 but there have been some reports of them being sent back requesting them. I think it is prudent to send it in with the AOS. The boster shots are not required for AOS only the initial series.

I would talk to SEVERAL civil surgeons before you get any shots. Many of the vaccinations on the I-693 are not appropriate for different age groups and/or situations the doc has a LOT of leeway in his "official" decisions.

For example, if they have a chicken pox scar on their arm then a vaccination for chicken pox is not medically prudent, with or without a paper record of same!!

Driving 100 miles is worth it to me as opposed to getting unnecessary shots and paying $$$$ for them!

Good luck!