Sorry Guys, but I'm beside myself.

I feel sadness, anger and a little bit of happiness about this "sept. wave".

mostly sadness, because what I'm seeing in the timelines has K1's with delivery dates to GZ behind mine, getting there visa's next week, while I still sit at home without even an interview date yet. I'm CSC CR1 , it doesn't get any longer than that. I'm missing my wife. I feel like I am being deprived of my right to be happy with her. my time is being taken away, while unmarried people are given head of the line privleges. this is where i get angry.. sheat! but at the same time i wish everyone happiness even though i can't be happy.

When I signed up for this wait, CR1 wasn't even a thought or consideration. i was blessed with by the backlog reduction act with a speedy 1-130 approval. i was extactic with happiness. i didn't know (1 year ago) that approval would be my dismay. My Lawyer cost me me 2 months right from the start. He happened to forget one small thing about my paperwork. like mailing it!!! it was ok though after the I-130 approval. (I thought then) My paperwork was supposed to be mailed by my lawyer on 6/1/04, he finailly got around to it the end of 7/04. I thought my lawyer abandend me because he told me he mailed it, then I couldn't contact him, he didn't tell me he was leaviving for a 1 month vacation with no way to contact him. I knew I should have gotten the NOA1 after 2 weeks. I got nothing, I thought maybe my lawyer had my NOA1. I didn't know.

After he got back from his vacation, then he tells me he forgot to mail it. to speed things up he mailed my 130 and my 129 off at the same time. (NOA1 would catch up to the 129F later) . NOT!!! Chicago signed that they recieved the app, but never cashed the check or even responded back to me. even after I inquired about it. So after 2 weeks still no NOA1. then finailly I got an RFE from CSC. At this point I was actually happy to get the RFE. My apps never meantioned our marrage and I couldn't prove i was even a US citizen to the CSC. My passport was expired, i had a new one and asked my lawyer to mail the new one with the app. (originally we were going to go K1.) anyway , about this time I met Mark, (Squeaky) he really helped me out of the jam i was in as all this was going on with my lawer. with Marks help, I got back ontrack.

Thankyou Mark.

Then the Next 8 months was dealing with the slowest $%^##$%^& , &*(%&895, gov employees ever at NVC NH. In fairness to NVC , I don't think they were ready for the backlog either. the backlog only helped the UCISC. It makes me mad to read them boasting about how they have improved things now since last August. What a flat out lie... Improved for them, screw everyone else. Now they want more $$$.

So NVC approves finailly and sends my approval to GZ. It took 2 months to reach GZ!!! BS!!! I call DOS, DOS says GZ requests 2nd name check, the same day i got an e-mail from GZ saying they still haven't recieved it yet. WTF??? That's when I learned to forget about GZ. That is an example of a poorly run operation, that I can get good information from DOS 1/2 way around the world, but not from the source. I e-mailed GZ about what DOS had told me and i got some typical vanilla reply with a blurb about 911 cut and pasted from there website. So on 7/1 they tell me i'm in Que for an interview. I just called today. Same reply , waiting for an interview date. and i'M SEEING UNMARRIED PEOPLEBEHIND ME AT THE START GETTING THERE VISAS NEXT WEEK. I want an explaination. an intelligent one. I want somebody to be held accountable for the pain they are putting my wife and I through. I love my wife, she is not my fiancee or my GF. Why am I not given priority? I am not even in the same line with the K1's I am pushed back to the end of the line behind the K1's. I can't understand any of this.

CSC, NVC, GZ... you guys really need to take a good look at what your doing. I am extremely disappointed. People that go about the proccess legally and lawfully suffer the worst. Illegals that are apprehended by by the police in the US are set free. per Immigration. Looking forward AOS isn't sounding like it's anymore fun either. i'm just plain disgusted with everything and i'll never be repaid for the time i've lost with my wife. My happiness means nothing to anyone that is in a position to help me. I am merley a statistic. (not even a "priority statistic" , I'm a CR1 from CSC.) CR1 was forced on me. it was not my choice!!! I got screwed , it hurts really bad right now.

Peace and Love guys, I hope that everyone here has a lifelong, loving relationship with there spouses. I just hope that you can understand why i 'm so stinking miserable.

I understand your frustration. It isn't fair. The reason so many of us go the K-1 route is because it is faster. I would be willing to bet that the majority of us here would have married and gone CR-1 if that were faster. If you look at it that way your resentment towards unmarried people getting better treatment doesn't hold water. Your lawyer is also very much to blame for others getting ahead of you. My wife and I waited a year for our blueslip. I had to get on a plane and fly to china to straighten it out. I still harbor some anger over that. Your time will come and it will all have been worth it.

mostly sadness, because what I'm seeing in the timelines has K1's with delivery dates to GZ behind mine, getting there visa's next week, while I still sit at home without even an interview date yet. I'm CSC CR1 , it doesn't get any longer than that. I'm missing my wife. I feel like I am being deprived of my right to be happy with her. my time is being taken away, while unmarried people are given head of the line privleges. this is where i get angry.. sheat! but at the same time i wish everyone happiness even though i can't be happy.

When I signed up for this wait, CR1 wasn't even a thought or consideration. i was blessed with by the backlog reduction act with a speedy 1-130 approval. i was extactic with happiness. i didn't know (1 year ago) that approval would be my dismay. My Lawyer cost me me 2 months right from the start. He happened to forget one small thing about my paperwork. like mailing it!!! it was ok though after the I-130 approval. (I thought then) My paperwork was supposed to be mailed by my lawyer on 6/1/04, he finailly got around to it the end of 7/04. I thought my lawyer abandend me because he told me he mailed it, then I couldn't contact him, he didn't tell me he was leaviving for a 1 month vacation with no way to contact him. I knew I should have gotten the NOA1 after 2 weeks. I got nothing, I thought maybe my lawyer had my NOA1. I didn't know.

After he got back from his vacation, then he tells me he forgot to mail it. to speed things up he mailed my 130 and my 129 off at the same time. (NOA1 would catch up to the 129F later) . NOT!!! Chicago signed that they recieved the app, but never cashed the check or even responded back to me. even after I inquired about it. So after 2 weeks still no NOA1. then finailly I got an RFE from CSC. At this point I was actually happy to get the RFE. My apps never meantioned our marrage and I couldn't prove i was even a US citizen to the CSC. My passport was expired, i had a new one and asked my lawyer to mail the new one with the app. (originally we were going to go K1.) anyway , about this time I met Mark, (Squeaky) he really helped me out of the jam i was in as all this was going on with my lawer. with Marks help, I got back ontrack.

Thankyou Mark.

Then the Next 8 months was dealing with the slowest $%^##$%^& , &*(%&895, gov employees ever at NVC NH. In fairness to NVC , I don't think they were ready for the backlog either. the backlog only helped the UCISC. It makes me mad to read them boasting about how they have improved things now since last August. What a flat out lie... Improved for them, screw everyone else. Now they want more $$$.

So NVC approves finailly and sends my approval to GZ. It took 2 months to reach GZ!!! BS!!! I call DOS, DOS says GZ requests 2nd name check, the same day i got an e-mail from GZ saying they still haven't recieved it yet. WTF??? That's when I learned to forget about GZ. That is an example of a poorly run operation, that I can get good information from DOS 1/2 way around the world, but not from the source. I e-mailed GZ about what DOS had told me and i got some typical vanilla reply with a blurb about 911 cut and pasted from there website. So on 7/1 they tell me i'm in Que for an interview. I just called today. Same reply , waiting for an interview date. and i'M SEEING UNMARRIED PEOPLEBEHIND ME AT THE START GETTING THERE VISAS NEXT WEEK. I want an explaination. an intelligent one. I want somebody to be held accountable for the pain they are putting my wife and I through. I love my wife, she is not my fiancee or my GF. Why am I not given priority? I am not even in the same line with the K1's I am pushed back to the end of the line behind the K1's. I can't understand any of this.

CSC, NVC, GZ... you guys really need to take a good look at what your doing. I am extremely disappointed. People that go about the proccess legally and lawfully suffer the worst. Illegals that are apprehended by by the police in the US are set free. per Immigration. Looking forward AOS isn't sounding like it's anymore fun either. i'm just plain disgusted with everything and i'll never be repaid for the time i've lost with my wife. My happiness means nothing to anyone that is in a position to help me. I am merley a statistic. (not even a "priority statistic" , I'm a CR1 from CSC.) CR1 was forced on me. it was not my choice!!! I got screwed , it hurts really bad right now.

Peace and Love guys, I hope that everyone here has a lifelong, loving relationship with there spouses. I just hope that you can understand why i 'm so stinking miserable.

151316[/snapback]

Hey Doug,

First off, I wish you and your wife the best from here on out. And no, there is no payback for the way you have been treated by your lawyer and the bureaucracy. Perhaps there is a reckoning for those who dare trifle with the good and honest.

I too am a CR1 from CSC. I too watched as NSC and TSC transfers were put ahead of me in getting their NOA2. Mine took 168 days! Others, including K-1ers were finished in 30-45 days (and complaining about how long it took!). I didn't break any speed records at NVC but at least things progressed on track.

It's not the K-1ers who are at fault here, they are really benefactors in a confused and chaotic mess. My only hope is that the K-1ers on this board and the VJ board I just came from show a little more compassion and understanding in their complaints about how long it is taking. There are always others, yourself for example, who, through no fault of your own, are placed in limbo while the rest breeze on through.

It was hard to read your words because it brought me right back to CSC. Same feelings, same frustration, same anger. I'm over it now because I believe it just has to get better. Doug, you are wise to vent here and I certainly welcome it. It's a damn tough nut when you spend countless hours and days reaffirming why you chose this wonderful lady and then have to put up with the crapola of a lifetime. You deserve a chestful of medals in my book. Please hang in there a short while longer. You'll have your day and it will be soon. Take care and best of luck.

Dave :greenblob:

Mengxin

I just dont know what to say. Im a k1 and the process has gone so fast, I feel guilty watching all the husbands and wives be put on the sidelines. I totally agree with you the priority's of immigration are pretty screwed up. Students first? Workers first? K1 first? Ya its pretty much Goupi. Family should be first ALWAYS. The rulebook needs to be changed for sure, and priority needs to go where it belongs. If I could give you cuts inline in front of me, I surely would and Im sure my SO would agree. The US is so freaking paranoid its unreal!!!! I got my visa in 4 days to go to china. Whats the deal with that? I didnt even need a hotel reservation! And I surely didnt need an interview in a city half way across the nation!!! No sponsor, no medical, no nothing!!! 70 bucks and 4 days wait. ITs WRONG what our government is doing to people like you and your wife. I know we can't change things overnight, but I darn sure know we can change the future somehow, someway. USA is all for human rights? Ya when pigs fly. Family values? They should practice what they preech.

I wish you, your wife and your family the best and the fastest. Yes your time will come and it will all be worth it. Godspeed to you.

Mark

Doug: I feel your pain and I agree.

This entire system is totally FU%#$@$#^%$##@ED UP. We waited 4.5 months for CSC to process our petition when VSC was doing the same petitions in 3 to 4 weeks!!!

Are the people in charge of this "system" too deaf, dumb and blind to see the tremendous injustice here? Wasn't there at least one high paid govt flunkee with the brainpower and sense of responsibility to try to even out the discrepancy between the 4 service centers even a little???

I also agree that wifes should get priority over fiancees, if they did decide to give "priorities" (which is a real laugh by their standards!!!). Shouldn't the commitment of a marriage hold more water then the promise of one with a 3 month window to back out??

All of this National Security BS when thousands of ILLEGAL immigrants aren't even returned to their own countries now because it costs too much to send them home. They get caught here illegally and are given the equivalent of a traffic ticket, while honest U S citizens get screwed by their own system!!!

We filed our AOS papers 6 weeks ago. The Los Angeles service center was processing I-485's from 4 months ago (compared to other "service" centers that are working on cases from almost 2 YEARS out). So a month goes by and they post the new date for cases the L.A. center is working on. THEY PROGRESSED A WHOLE 2 DAYS. Went from March 29 to April 1 and it only took them a month to do it!!

Obviously occupying a foreign country, doubling the price of oil and throwing our country into the biggest debt it has ever seen is much more important than a few people immigrating into our country that can't even vote!!!

But on a brighter note, it will all be worth it when she finally gets here!!!!

Doug,

I also am sorry for your frustration and sadness. I am a K1 person and have waited more than a year and have spent more than $14,000 for the entire situation. Fellow CFL'er PhilB has his K1 petition in limbo as his petition was randomly selected for review by DHS. Is this fair to him and his lovely bride to be? Heck no!

The system is unfair and uses many excuses to hide the fact that incompetence and budgets play a major role in this process. What steams me the most is that illegal's cross our borders at a alarming rate and very little is done to correct that situation but is also used as an excuse of delays to the rest of us law abiding citizens.

For the record, I have never complained about my wait as I feel fortunate for the calmness my petition has encountered, no errors or mistakes so far. I guess I am one of the lucky ones only having to wait and endure 16 months since the whole situation started. Our life has been placed on hold but the end is near

I pray that your ordeal and everyone else's ends quickly and pleasantly very soon.

MengXin,

I feel your sadness, I don't think it is something to be sorry or ashamed about.

Your feelings are simply a reflection of the unfair process required for someone to come to the US, and also of the failed procedures that are in place for people to do so. There is simply no way to understand it, and no excuse for why it is so.

Part of the problem is the processing that needs to be completed in the US, in some cases the service centers are just overloaded and cannot process the volumn of petitions that are coming in.

Other parts of the problem is the single consulate in China where all immigrant visas must go through. In many other countries around the world, the process would only take a matter of days or weeks, while at Guangzhou it takes many many months, even years to complete.

The competancy of our government to serve its citizens (you and I) is just a disgrace. And the even greater disgrace is its dealing of people coming into our borders illegaly.

There is no excuse, no reason that I can rationalize, it is just a total failure of our government in this area to serve and protect its people and country.

Doug,

I am running the same path as you as I entered the I 130 on 9/23/04. It took two months before entry at Guangzhou after New Hampshire. Presently dead in the water with a name check situation which started early July. I do not have good feelings about this. I am semi retired so can visit my wife in Nanning for extended periods which helps. I plan on another 90 day visa to return in November. Hopefully the interview will come sometime within that time period. If anyone has suggestions besides emailing Guangzhou about the progress I am listening. Hope things work out soon for you Doug.

Take Care

Fred

FRred

Thankyou Mark.

151316[/snapback]

Doug,

It seems Randy might have a point about lawyers. Although my wait has been longer than average, partially due to lawyer problems, it has not been nearly as long as your wait. Like several others, yesterday I found out that our P4 was mailed on 8/29.

My eligilibility date was June 6 and it seems GUZ was interviewing April dates in September and May dates in October. They seem to be more efficient now and I don't know how far into June they'll be able to go for October interviews. With your date being July 1, maybe you'll get an October date but November seems more likely.

Your visa petition has been plagued with misfortune. Several other folks seemed to have success after calling their State Representative or Congressman.

For the record, our interview was scheduled for 135 days after our P3 was entered in the computer (eligibility).

I understand how you feel when, after waiting more than a year, others get the interview and reference their "long 7 month wait" which would have been a blessing for you.

If there is any consolation for you, the overall process seems to be on the upswing.

My personal process was 11 months and 10 days between petition and interview. The attorney, who advertised shorter waiting periods and guidance, originally told me the average time was 7-9 months. Apparently that was only for people who did not use his law firm. :rolleyes:

This forum provided me with far better guidance than the lawyer, and it didn't cost me a penny.

MJ

-- K1 Timeline --

11-09-2004.... Attorney sent petition to USCIS

11-18-2004.... USCIS registered receipt

02-02-2005.... Cleared NVC

04-08-2005.... GZ mailed P3

04-29-2005.... Attorney notified P3 mailed - never received

05-03-2005.... Attorney request GZ resend P3

05-17-2005.... SO receives P3 in China

05-23-2005.... P3 mailed to GZ

05-24-2005... Petitioner receives P3 in US with original letter

06-06-2005.... GZ posts P3 on computer

08-29-2005.... GZ mailed P4

10-19-2005.... Interview scheduled

Can you say righteous indignation? A 1-2 year process just to get an immediate family member a visa is frustrating enough. Having incompetence (lawyer) only adds to that.

I leave you with one thought. Despite the trials, tribulations, setbacks, frustration, anger, and a host of other emotions, I can tell you that it will end one day, and the lost time will slowly recede to that portion of the brain where it will become a distant memory. Hang in there. She will be here. Never forget that.

Doug, it's not a wonderful time now. But it will have an ending with the two of you together.

While you're waiting for the next step you can always feel free to open your window, lean out and scream "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gunna take it no more." While this will get you quite a few strange looks, it seems that the louder and longer you do this does really make you feel better. Now the neighbors on the other hand may decide to sell their house and move, but you probably don't like them anyway. :rolleyes:

Guest ShaQuaNew

i'M SEEING UNMARRIED PEOPLEBEHIND ME AT THE START GETTING THERE VISAS NEXT WEEK. I want an explaination. an intelligent one.

151316[/snapback]

There seems to be nothing about the process of bringing our loved ones to America that is easy; from the paperwork, to the follow up, to the heartbreak of being separated without end in sight.

Thankfully, this board is here so that we can share with one another.....

Hi Doug, I am feeling exactly the same as you are. I get mixed feeling every time I read about somebody getting their appointment letter or visa. I am genuinely happy for them but keep wondering why not me. It doesn't help when a visa specialist told me yesterday "we won't do anything until you have been waiting to be scheduled for the appointment for at least 9 months". But as people keep saying it will be worth it in the end. I just hope for us it is sooner than later. I think that I will try Lee's advice and try the screaming thing.

Keep the faith.

Barry

Doug, you have my sympathy. Don't know what to say. I guess nothing we say can make it go faster for you. I think that perspective is the only thing you can rely on. In a few years (of blissful happiness), you will look back at this as no big deal. But today that is hard to accept. Just know that this too shall pass.