Weather in south of china

wulongtea

Just a heads up for those planning on arriving early in sept. I heard on the news last night that there are reports of a typhoon hitting Taiwan by the end of this week, and also affecting the weather in the south of china later.

I was not able to get more details since most of the news on the local CNN is about the hurricane in Louisiana (that sounds like a real bad one)

If there is any more updates I'll post more here.

be prepared that some things might be delayed at the end of this week or early next week.

Just a heads up for those planning on arriving early in sept. I heard on the news last night that there are reports of a typhoon hitting Taiwan by the end of this week, and also affecting the weather in the south of china later.

150961[/snapback]

Typhoon Talim ... current maximum winds 95 knots. Looking at the track and predictions for the next 72 hours it looks like it will turn north into the Sea of Japan.

I'm currently in the Middle East and tonight I fly DXB->PEK and then PEK->CKG. I'll be in Chongqing, among other things getting signatures from lao po on various items for the K-1 petition, for a week and return to California on September 7th. All on China Air which I find to be relatively inexpensive and very nice.

I'm keeping an eye on Talim but it doesn't look like too much of a problem for China travelers right now.

let's hope all our CFL family members traveling now have a safe journey...

Just watched the latest CNN news, and they said it could turn into a category 5 typhoon, or "super typhoon".

But fortunately it looks like it will be heading west of Taiwan, and towards Japan, so it should not be much of an issue for China.

It should make for some big waves, as big as the Sept wave that many of us CFLers will be riding!

hope they keep their powder dry!!

Edited by hankhoude (see edit history)
From the lastest news, it looks like this typhoon will hit the china coast somewhere well south of Shanghai, but also well north of the Shenzhen area.

It looks like it will pass by Taiwan in the next 36hrs.

So those in Guangzhou should probably not be to affected.

151253[/snapback]

Oh my right at my SO's home!

Guest ShaQuaNew

Funny thing about the weather is that it changes everyday.....And speaking of weather it's indeed an awful thing that's happened to our fellow US citizens in the Southeast here. These events often inspire the best and the worst to come out in people, but the best is what survives.... :rolleyes:

Edited by fitnlivly (see edit history)

It is always a good idea to add an extra few hours for connecting

flights when flying to GZ in the rainy season.

It is not uncommon to sit in a plane on the tarmac waiting for a strom to pass. When there is a window, the pilot will step on the gas and go.

Just remember to keep your seatbelt fastened. :D