GZ meeting? Maybe, maybe not

We have spent the day trying to find a way to GZ. It seems that right now you can't get there from here. The national mantra of "mie yo" seems to really be in style right now. It might be a little bit better, but it seems that the travel agencies is Shenyang are closed during the holidays.

Right now we can manage to get to Beijing by bus or if absolutely necessary, there are always taxis waiting at the train station and the cross country bus station trying to pick up fairs to Beijing. No train or planes available. Chang Hang (Nichole) has been nice enough to volunteer to try and get us a sleeper berth on the train to either Guangzhou or Xiamen (we have relatives there and could take the bus from there to Gaungzhou. We are still awaiting word from her.

We are told that the earliest train or plane tickets (except for the $500US first class seats-one way) available are not until February 17th.

At any rate folks, I am trying to get there, but it is a mad house trying to travel right now.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ticket agencies in Shenzhen I know about. You can get a similiar list from 0114 or ask one of these companies if you can pick up the ticket in Shenyang.

0755-8249-5555 and 0755-8399-8668

0755 2559-7777

0755 8366-0088 and 0755 8213-0000

0755 2586-7777

0755 8247-4666

0755 8365-7222

0755 8380-9777

Unfortunately, that must be a Shenzhen only number. Doesn't work up here in Shenyang. Also, China is not like the US travel industry. The only tickets that you can buy in one city and pick up at the departure city are airline tickets and then only maybe. They have jacked the prices up for the holiday on the airlines to where one way for one person would be $500 US. Can't justify that.

Still working on it.

Just to let everyone know if for some reason Owen can't make it down from the frozen north, I should have no problem showing up in GZ as I am only six hours away. Buses leave from Shantou every 15 minutes. Still, I would hate to go without Moses by my side. :D

Owen, I got your PM as well as your e-mail. Had trouble getting my Yahoo box open. Connection moving about as fast as one of those snails Eric is so fond of eating.

Just to let everyone know if for some reason Owen can't make it down from the frozen north, I should have no problem showing up in GZ as I am only six hours away. Buses leave from Shantou every 15 minutes. Still, I would hate to go without Moses by my side. :o

Owen, I got your PM as well as your e-mail. Had trouble getting my Yahoo box open. Connection moving about as fast as one of those snails Eric is so fond of eating.

If it were not for the tight timeframe of 10/2 (*), I would go frankly... ..... Airfares are cheap right now..Harass GZ first, then go see sweetie :-)

I can't be Moses, but I could have been the "Dragon Slayer" :)

(*) that would be 2/10 10/2/03 AD for you metric-ISO-challenged Yanks :lol: :lol:

Owen, I called your home phone, it was nobody and then i called your cell phone, and nobody also. today morning I went to the other train ticket agencys to find ticket. T15, it has some seat, but it has no bed for sleeping. that is not good as it is so long trip and you have no beds. the other one was the time morning and moon. so just let me know that how do you think about or are you sure that you have the bus from shanyang to beijing take it a night time. so you can got here in the morning to catch it. I am thinking that is not safe for take bus at the night.

Owen, I'd like to contribute USD100/ CNY 830 to your trip to GZ with Mick.

You deserve it to take the stand for all of us.

I'm not sure how I could physically do that though...If you want to buy a ticket, I can give a cc number... to an agency for it..

You just let me know...

If it helps..

We don't want Moses to get "mugged" in an overnight train, now do we?

This is a serious offer.

I hope many of us will follow suit and recognizes you and Mick are working for all of us and won't take the 6 month old B.S answer for, well, an answer,,,,

You have my numbers Owen... I stand by.

I'm not sure how I could physically do that though...If you want to buy a ticket, I can give a cc number... to an agency for it..

You just let me know...

If it helps..

This is a serious offer.

I hope many of us will follow suit and recognizes you and Mick are working for all of us and won't take  the 6 month old B.S answer for, well, an answer,,,,

You can tap me for 50$, Owen. E-mail me and give me specifics. I will call and put on my visa. I don't make as much money as that ass kissing Frenchman. I won't devulge names! :lol: :lol:

You just let me know...

If it helps..

This is a serious offer.

I hope many of us will follow suit and recognizes you and Mick are working for all of us and won't take  the 6 month old B.S answer for, well, an answer,,,,

You can tap me for 50$, Owen. E-mail me and give me specifics. I will call and put on my visa. I don't make as much money as that ass kissing Frenchman. I won't devulge names! :lol: :lol:

LOL... I'm not rich ! I'm just desperate ! :D

btw Owen , do mail me a receipt for corporate deduction :-)

Serioulsy kids, Owen aND Mick ought to go to GZ for almost free,, Who else is stepping up to the plate?

Your as bad as the Lord was with Moses. Wouldn't take "I can't do it" for an answer.

Seriously though, we are going to manage the trip now, a combination of plane, train and automobile. :lol:

Nichole has been a great help and has found us tickets from Beijing. Still taking a chance on playing the laowei card and hoping to get an upgrade to a sleeper.

Nichole, let me know when you have the tickets in hand and then I will complete the travel arraignments from here. Probably will have to stay at a hotel in Beijing for one night on February 8th.

At any rate, the latest developments with my wife's case have me in the right mood to chew on them anyway.

Your as bad as the Lord was with Moses.  Wouldn't take "I can't do it" for an answer. 

Seriously though, we are going to manage the trip now, a combination of plane, train and automobile.  :lol:

Nichole has been a great help and has found us tickets from Beijing.  Still taking a chance on playing the laowei card and hoping to get an upgrade to a sleeper.

Nichole, let me know when you have the tickets in hand and then I will complete the travel arraignments from here.  Probably will have to stay at a hotel in Beijing for one night on February 8th.

At any rate, the latest developments with my wife's case have me in the right mood to chew on them anyway.

Seriously, let Eric and I know if you need some financial help. Hey, Eric, there is always Western Union and they are good!