Cheap flights for those leaving soon

My SO has told me that she will have a flight from Nanning to Beijing, Beijing to Los Angeles (nonstop) for 4100 RMB total cost per person. This fare is good for the entire months of September and October and she can purchase the tickets at the Nanning airport and fly that day! She said not to fly out of Guangzhou to Los Angeles because the cost was 7100 RMB per person. Lucy has a friend who is connected to a international travel agency in Nanning and it seems this info is quite accurate. It will be interesting to see if this plays out like she tells me.

I am guessing this is due to the fact of the 2008 Olympics and the airlines want as much exposure through Beijing as possible.

Funny thing is that Lucy still refers to Beijing as Peking!

Edited by esun41 (see edit history)

I sent my lady the link, but I didn't see anything but chinese cities to choose from for destinations. Does it just show US destinations in Chinese language part of the site, maybe? I got a quote from travelocity for $895 one way in October. pretty steep indeed, especially when you can travel roundtrip for the same. She thinks she can get a better deal buying in China.

Does anyone know of other sites also?

I sent my lady the link, but I didn't see anything but chinese cities to choose from for destinations. Does it just show US destinations in Chinese language part of the site, maybe? I got0„2 a quote from travelocity for $895 one way in October. pretty steep indeed, especially when you can travel roundtrip for the same. She thinks she can get a better deal buying in China.

Does anyone know of other sites also?

150658[/snapback]

There is an international tab, but it is not organized very well. Look for 'International Flight Deals' on the 'Site Map' - it is in a list format w/not that many to choose from, but good prices on the ones it has.

Thanks, Steve

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Need to see my wife.  Does anyone have a site that can beat $1360 in mid oct. for round trip fom east coast to shenzhen?

151038[/snapback]

I always had the best luck with a local travel agent. Beat what I could find on the internet by a least $200 every time :clapping:

Need to see my wife.  Does anyone have a site that can beat $1360 in mid oct. for round trip fom east coast to shenzhen?

151038[/snapback]

I always had the best luck with a local travel agent. Beat what I could find on the internet by a least $200 every time :(

151042[/snapback]

You may want to try fly on a Wednesday.

I got a rt from SFO to HK for $650 with Singapore Air

from their website.

Guest ShaQuaNew

151038[/snapback]

Not sure who's quoting you a fare that high. Make sure you follow basic reduced fare rules when booking your flight and you will see many under 900 for that time frame....

book from a major hub

leave midweek (tues, wed, thur)

return on a weekday....

If your schedule allows this.......you will save....

Has anyone purchased tickets from here  www.elong.com ??

150913[/snapback]

I have never used the site, but my SO has used Elong for all our travels in China. Got a very nice trip to Sanya through them. I think she booked one-way from Yantai to JFK for 3800 rmb through them too, but can't confirm at the moment. She always uses local agents.