Got the I-797C

Well since we got the receipt for the AOS paperwork, I-797C, NOA. What's next and how long? I know biometrics come first but we didn't apply for Advanced parole or EAD because we don't need those. We won't be traveling back to China for nearly 2 years and surely we'll have the green card by then... :lol: Won't we... :lol:

BTW our I-485 was accepted 3 weeks afetr the K-1 expired so evidently that is not a prob... :lol:

I wouldn't wait for another notice, it could be along time. Our I-797c (NOA1 For AOS) had the directions and phone number on it to call. We called right after we received it. Actualy I think it is the same number as the 1-800 USCIS HelpYouNot, but you push different buttons for appointments :lol:

Edited by Gene (see edit history)
I wouldn't wait for another notice, it could be along time. Our I-797c (NOA1 For AOS) had the directions and phone number on it to call. We called right after we received it. Actualy I think it is the same number as the 1-800 USCIS HelpYouNot, but you push different buttons for appointments :lol:

150400[/snapback]

Gosh Gene this stuff must change real fast or else they send out different forms just to confuse us... :lol: Our I-797C says...

"USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT. You will be receiving an appointment notice with a specific time, date and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photos taken."

I wouldn't wait for another notice, it could be along time. Our I-797c (NOA1 For AOS) had the directions and phone number on it to call. We called right after we received it. Actualy I think it is the same number as the 1-800 USCIS HelpYouNot, but you push different buttons for appointments :D

150400[/snapback]

Gosh Gene this stuff must change real fast or else they send out different forms just to confuse us... :baby: Our I-797C says...

"USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT. You will be receiving an appointment notice with a specific time, date and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photos taken."

150407[/snapback]

My sincere Apologies Roger it will not happen again

Roger, as we know that the USCIS is so very organized why not try making an infopass appointment for the Biometrics now? You never know they might just schedule you now and if not you can just explain you must have misunderstood the mailing. :P

150418[/snapback]

No problem there Lee... :baby: laopo informs me that I misunderstand things on a regular basis but I think I'll just wait a few weeks and see what sticks... :D