Average Time Between....

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

I have looked but have been unable to find a list showing the average length of time Candle members have spent between NOA1 and NOA2.

Does anyone know if someone has compiled a list?

I have never seen one and with all the different service centers and the way they now are sending files from TSC and NSC to the CSC and then K-3's go to NBC, I don't see how an average of all would give you much infomation. Maybe an average from the individual service centers?

I know I used to follow the updates on the USCIS site and monitor other peoples timelines that were similar to mine to get a feel for what might happen.

Also it seems to be such a dynamic time frame, NBC took 5 months to process our I-129 a year ago and now with in the last two months they are spitting them out in two to four weeks. :D

Guest ShaQuaNew
I have never seen one and with all the different service centers and the way they now are sending files from TSC and NSC to the CSC and then K-3's go to NBC, I don't see how an average of all would give you much infomation. Maybe an average from the individual service centers?

150152[/snapback]

You can find some here:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

...but I think the timelines from Candle would be a better gauge. I'm thinking someone may have already compiled that information....

Guest ShaQuaNew
Maybe do a poll?  Ask for Dates and length of time? I think the dates of when would be important. Things are slow now with no P-4 activity :D

150157[/snapback]

That's a good thought Gene.....thanks for the input.

Guest ShaQuaNew
nooneufo/timeline is the collector of timeline info.. if anyone has it, it is him...

150176[/snapback]

I've been thumbing thru all the timelines that have been posted here this year. There really isn't that much data.....

nooneufo/timeline is the collector of timeline info.. if anyone has it, it is him...

150176[/snapback]

I've been thumbing thru all the timelines that have been posted here this year. There really isn't that much data.....

150196[/snapback]

I actually meant that it he would have it [on his computer]... you can either PM him or wait till he sees the thread...

you need to break it down further for the type of visa application and which service center for it to give you the information for analysis... take it a step further and show the averages from beginning to end for each step....

Having just "re-arrived" here at CFL from VJ, I thought the info was pretty good there. Since it appears you are a transfer from another service center, CSC tends to group those and burn through them and then get back to the native CA folks. I was 168 days at CSC while folks were getting through in as little as 28 days. Go figure....it's all a mystery to me!! Bottom line is if you are at CSC, then it is likely you'll get through fairly fast. Good luck!

Dave :huh:

It appears each service center is different. I went through the CSC and they said it would take 150-180 days. It was much longer then that for me but about the average for all others. Now you look at CSC and they are much quicker now. The VSC was really quick then, maybe weeks. I guess timing is everything or letters to every government official made a difference.

Actually I have given this info before, don't remember which post. Anyway, as usual the data comes from the past year (June 2004) of CFL members who had a timeline with the data, which is about 45% of the timelines posted. There are hundreds of people who do not provide any information at all.

In my opinion, the time it takes for the service center to go from NOA1 to NOA2 is by luck of the draw. Someone has a good sigline about what a service center may give, Guz (or NVC) will take away.

However, there does appear to be a general trend downward in wait times.....

Number of days from NOA1 to NOA2, the order is by their NOA1 dates for each center.

CSC

MSC

NSC

TSC

VSC

DCF

NSC transferred to MSC

TSC transferred to CSC

Service center unknown

Edited by nooneufo (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Thanks NooneUFO....

I and others appreciate your keeping these records

I realize that everyone's signature line is an informal entry. Perhaps it's been previously considered, but for the moderators of this board do you suppose we could add an area where our members can enter their timelines?