VHS Tape: Comments on Use for Guangzhuo interview

Redsunset52

I made one ... just in case. I have it packed next to my kitchen sink!

What I thought we would do is make a video of us talking about the trips I have made to see her, there were three. So it was very easy for us to carry on a conversation talking about what we did, what we liked, what we didn't like, some humorous stories.

(at the train station in Shenzhen there is a large shopping area. So during my last visit we went there. i bought some nice kung fu shoes! well, as we were walking everyone wanted to sell us DVDs, but of course that was not what we were looking for. One guy even asked me if i wanted to by "Sexy DVDs" ...

we'll we just walked away. i told my fiancee that next time i should tell them, "hey ... i have my lao po here... what do i need sexy DVDs for!")

on our video i also include some segments of us walking in a park ... and also playing with what's called a "jian zi" similar to a hackey sack, but with a feather. in china i guess that is a traditional thing that children learn to play.

of course my fiancee could kick it in the air many times ... 20+ ... while i was still struggling with 2 or 3. Should give the VO a kick to see how i struggled ... maybe give us the visa in sympathy.

What do older members think of making a recording Video VHS tape to use in the event Guangzhuo consulate questons ability of myself and Chinese fiancee ability to communicate. Thinking of making one , anyone has any experience in this area of what to include ???  Redsunset52

149259[/snapback]

I very much recommend that you do do a VHS tape, just to be super safe. Make it a tape of the two of you communicating together (in whatever language you both share). The tape probably won't be asked for, but in the off chance that it is asked for (as they sometimes do), then you'll be covered.

There's debate about which VHS format is best - NTSC or PAL. If you can swing it, do two VHS tapes, one in NTSC and one os PAL. Again, double extra super safe :D

I just found out my husband is planning on brinning a video tape. Since we lived in China together and have a baby they probably won't question our relationship and ability to communicate, but why not bring one? I had a video camera while in China and we taped a vacation with my husband's friends and our wedding which show lots of communication. I am sure he will bring far more than he needs to the interview. Even if the VO doesn't want to watch the tape it must really look good for them to see that you have one.

What do older members think of making a recording Video VHS tape to use in the event Guangzhuo consulate questons ability of myself and Chinese fiancee ability to communicate. Thinking of making one , anyone has any experience in this area of what to include ???  Redsunset52

149259[/snapback]

I very much recommend that you do do a VHS tape, just to be super safe. Make it a tape of the two of you communicating together (in whatever language you both share). The tape probably won't be asked for, but in the off chance that it is asked for (as they sometimes do), then you'll be covered.

There's debate about which VHS format is best - NTSC or PAL. If you can swing it, do two VHS tapes, one in NTSC and one os PAL. Again, double extra super safe <_<

149276[/snapback]

Great advice think you very much . Always amazed at the knowledge on this website!!!! :unsure: