Permanent/10 year Green Card

My wife is a couple of months away from renewing her 2-year to permanent Green Card. Have any Black Hole people done that? What do you have to do besides filing another form, and how much did it cost?

I heard that you might get the new one in a month or may have to wait for over a year. My wife knows a girl who is still waiting for her permanent card a year after renewing it. That's why we took the trip back to China last month and before our daughter turned two.

My wife is a couple of months away from renewing her 2-year to permanent Green Card.  Have any Black Hole people done that?  What do you have to do besides filing another form, and how much did it cost?

I heard that you might get the new one in a month or may have to wait for over a year.  My wife knows a girl who is still waiting for her permanent card a year after renewing it. That's why we took the trip back to China last month and before our daughter turned two.

148983[/snapback]

You don't renew it. You apply for Removal of Conditions I believe it is I-751 and it has to be done in a certain window of time, I think 90 days before the green card expires. Look on the USCIS web site and download the form. The instructions will give you the details.

More Fun with Our Friendly USCIS :blink:

with the I-751 removal of conditions, You need at least two letters from friends or relatives that you are indeed married and living together. You will need other types of proof of marriage like utility bills in both names, bank accounts in both names, possible life insurance beneficiaries, medical coverage in both names ETC ETC the more the better. The fee is somewhere in the 200+range

what happens if you fail to file in that ninety day window? The visa expires and.....???

Edited by hankhoude (see edit history)
with the I-751 removal of conditions, You need at least two letters from friends or relatives that you are indeed married and living together. You will need other types of proof of marriage like utility bills in both names, bank accounts in both names, possible life insurance beneficiaries, medical coverage in both names ETC ETC the more the better. The fee is somewhere in the 200+range

148997[/snapback]

Here Is One Example And Ours:

Name: Debabrata

Filing Date: March 14, 2004

Date of Receipt:

Based on: still in progress

Next step for us, Removing Conditions. Here is a copy of our cover letter showing what we sent.

Contents: Joint filing of I-751 and Supporting Documents Original Submission

Status: Conditional Permanent Resident Since 06/11/2002 Card Expires 06/11/04.

March 12, 2004

To Whom It May Concern at USCIS:

Dear Sir or Madam:

Enclosed please find the documents submitted in support of our joint I-751 petition for the removal of conditions on Permanent Residency.

1. Forms and Fees:

(a) I-751 Joint filing by (Him) and (Me)

(:angry: Fees: $ 145.00 Check # 180 drawn on CCB.

2. INS (USCIS) and Government related documents: (Copies of

) (a) Permanent Resident Card and Drivers License (front and back)

(B) Social Security Card

© Selective Service System Inquiry (dated 06/11/2003)

(d) Pages from Passport and Visa page

(e) Previous NOA’s and receipts: I-129F (dated 05/16/2001), receipt for I-485, I-765, I-131 (dated 01/18/2002)

3. Evidence of marriage: (Copies of)

(a) Marriage License

(B) Marriage Certificate

4. Records and statements of shared finances: (Copies of)

(a) Deposit ticket from joint bank account with CCB

(B) Affidavit and Notification of sale of Motor Vehicle (dated 08/24/2002)

© First Citizens Bank Car Loan (dated 08/24/2002)

(d) Joint Credit Cards (Acct# ending in XXXX MBNA, ending in XXXX Bank One)

5. Joint Insurance policies: (Copies of

(a) Allstate Insurance Policy for Automobile in both names

(B) Blue Cross and Blue Shield Joint Subscriber Medical Insurance Card

© CCB Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance

6. Joint Tax-Returns and recent Pay-Statements: (Copies of)

(a) 1040 Joint IRS Tax Returns (2001, 2002)

(B) Three most recent Pay-Statements

7. Utility bills for place of residence: (Copies of)

(a) Bill from Cingular Wireless

(B) Bill from Piedmont Natural Gas

8. Airline tickets: (Originals or copies)

(a) Original E-tickets

Visiting XXXXXX and family (Wife’s sister and family) GSP to Seattle, WA (dated Dec ‘02/ Jan ‘03)

(B) Boarding Pass and Reservations

Visiting XXXXXX and family (Wife’s son and family) GSP to Boston, MA (dated July ‘03 )

9. Miscellaneous correspondence: (Copies of)

(a) Former Gov. Jim Hodges

(B) Trout Unlimited Membership

© N.C. Fishing License

(d) Christmas 2003 Holiday Cards and envelopes sent by friends

10. Affidavits from friends and family: (a) XXX (family member)

(B) XXX (family member)

© XXX (Minister)

(d) XXX (friends)

(e) XXX (friends)

11. Pictures taken between 2002 and present. (3 pages)

Please contact us at the address below if we might provide additional information to support the petition.

Thank you,

YES we sent copies of our fly-fishing licenses!

Update: February 4, 2005

Letter received today stating conditions have been removed (without interview). We are instructed to obtain a new alien registration card by appearing in person at the Charleston office (170 Meeting Street). We have been told to make an appointment via INFOPASS at www.uscis.gov. We are to take with passport and 3 photos (full-frontal/passport style). Then the card will be mailed within 6 months.

USCIS Texas Service Center

P.O. Box 850965

Mesquite, TX 75185-0965

RE: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF STATUS ON:

(K-1 VISA) Lusheng Perez, A# 0095-

(K-2 VISA) Luoman Huang, child, A# 095-

(K-2 VISA) Mansi Huang, child, A# 095-

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my wife, Lusheng Perez, and her daughters, Luoman Huang and Mansi Huang. Please also find a check for $200.00, the fee for this form. My wife and her daughters entered the US on a K-1 and K-2 visas. We are all happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife Lusheng Perez and her daughters Luoman Huang and Mansi Huang.

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

• Copies of the Permanent Resident Cards for Lusheng Perez, Luoman Huang and Mansi Huang and copy of Lusheng Perez’s Drivers License

• Copies of our joint US Tax returns for 2003 and 2004

• Copies of medical insurance coverage through Lockheed Martin with copies of insurance cards

• Copy of my General Dynamics 401k saving plan showing Lusheng Perez as the Beneficiary

• Copies of bank statements from Bank Of America showing joint accounts in Checking as well as Saving Account

• Copies of Deed Of Trust Filings with the Tarrant County Court House which puts Lusheng Perez On the Deed at 7324 Coronet Avenue, North Richland Hills, TX 76180.

• Copy of joint homeowners policy through Allstate Insurance.

• Copy of reservations made at the Roadway Inn New Braunfels for 7-29-2004 through 7-31-2004

• Copy of Sea World tickets for Michael and Lusheng Perez and Luoman and Mansi Huang purchased on 7-23-2004.

• Photos of us with family, friends and on vacation

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely, Michael Perez

US citizen spouse

148997[/snapback]

Here Is One Example And Ours:

Name: Debabrata

Filing Date: March 14, 2004

Date of Receipt:

Based on: still in progress

Next step for us, Removing Conditions. Here is a copy of our cover letter showing what we sent.

Contents: Joint filing of I-751 and Supporting Documents Original Submission

Status: Conditional Permanent Resident Since 06/11/2002 Card Expires 06/11/04.

March 12, 2004

To Whom It May Concern at USCIS:

Dear Sir or Madam:

Enclosed please find the documents submitted in support of our joint I-751 petition for the removal of conditions on Permanent Residency.

1. Forms and Fees:

(a) I-751 Joint filing by (Him) and (Me)

(:o Fees: $ 145.00 Check # 180 drawn on CCB.

2. INS (USCIS) and Government related documents: (Copies of

) (a) Permanent Resident Card and Drivers License (front and back)

(;) Social Security Card

© Selective Service System Inquiry (dated 06/11/2003)

(d) Pages from Passport and Visa page

(e) Previous NOA’s and receipts: I-129F (dated 05/16/2001), receipt for I-485, I-765, I-131 (dated 01/18/2002)

3. Evidence of marriage: (Copies of)

(a) Marriage License

(B) Marriage Certificate

4. Records and statements of shared finances: (Copies of)

(a) Deposit ticket from joint bank account with CCB

(B) Affidavit and Notification of sale of Motor Vehicle (dated 08/24/2002)

© First Citizens Bank Car Loan (dated 08/24/2002)

(d) Joint Credit Cards (Acct# ending in XXXX MBNA, ending in XXXX Bank One)

5. Joint Insurance policies: (Copies of

(a) Allstate Insurance Policy for Automobile in both names

(B) Blue Cross and Blue Shield Joint Subscriber Medical Insurance Card

© CCB Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance

6. Joint Tax-Returns and recent Pay-Statements: (Copies of)

(a) 1040 Joint IRS Tax Returns (2001, 2002)

(B) Three most recent Pay-Statements

7. Utility bills for place of residence: (Copies of)

(a) Bill from Cingular Wireless

(B) Bill from Piedmont Natural Gas

8. Airline tickets: (Originals or copies)

(a) Original E-tickets

Visiting XXXXXX and family (Wife’s sister and family) GSP to Seattle, WA (dated Dec ‘02/ Jan ‘03)

(B) Boarding Pass and Reservations

Visiting XXXXXX and family (Wife’s son and family) GSP to Boston, MA (dated July ‘03 )

9. Miscellaneous correspondence: (Copies of)

(a) Former Gov. Jim Hodges

(B) Trout Unlimited Membership

© N.C. Fishing License

(d) Christmas 2003 Holiday Cards and envelopes sent by friends

10. Affidavits from friends and family: (a) XXX (family member)

(B) XXX (family member)

© XXX (Minister)

(d) XXX (friends)

(e) XXX (friends)

11. Pictures taken between 2002 and present. (3 pages)

Please contact us at the address below if we might provide additional information to support the petition.

Thank you,

YES we sent copies of our fly-fishing licenses!

Update: February 4, 2005

Letter received today stating conditions have been removed (without interview). We are instructed to obtain a new alien registration card by appearing in person at the Charleston office (170 Meeting Street). We have been told to make an appointment via INFOPASS at www.uscis.gov. We are to take with passport and 3 photos (full-frontal/passport style). Then the card will be mailed within 6 months.

USCIS Texas Service Center

P.O. Box 850965

Mesquite, TX 75185-0965

RE: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF STATUS ON:

(K-1 VISA) Lusheng Perez, A# 0095-

(K-2 VISA) Luoman Huang, child, A# 095-

(K-2 VISA) Mansi Huang, child, A# 095-

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my wife, Lusheng Perez, and her daughters, Luoman Huang and Mansi Huang. Please also find a check for $200.00, the fee for this form. My wife and her daughters entered the US on a K-1 and K-2 visas. We are all happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife Lusheng Perez and her daughters Luoman Huang and Mansi Huang.

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

• Copies of the Permanent Resident Cards for Lusheng Perez, Luoman Huang and Mansi Huang and copy of Lusheng Perez’s Drivers License

• Copies of our joint US Tax returns for 2003 and 2004

• Copies of medical insurance coverage through Lockheed Martin with copies of insurance cards

• Copy of my General Dynamics 401k saving plan showing Lusheng Perez as the Beneficiary

• Copies of bank statements from Bank Of America showing joint accounts in Checking as well as Saving Account

• Copies of Deed Of Trust Filings with the Tarrant County Court House which puts Lusheng Perez On the Deed at 7324 Coronet Avenue, North Richland Hills, TX 76180.

• Copy of joint homeowners policy through Allstate Insurance.

• Copy of reservations made at the Roadway Inn New Braunfels for 7-29-2004 through 7-31-2004

• Copy of Sea World tickets for Michael and Lusheng Perez and Luoman and Mansi Huang purchased on 7-23-2004.

• Photos of us with family, friends and on vacation

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely, Michael Perez

US citizen spouse

149201[/snapback]

Check the USCIS website the fee has increased to 200.00 USD. I will file I-751 in Sept.

what happens if you fail to file in that ninety day window? The visa expires and.....???

149020[/snapback]

The conditional Residency expires and you are then out of status, not sure what the consequences would be and would rather not find out as I am sure it would not be a happy time.

149027[/snapback]

It's very bad news. Don't miss the deadline.

149184[/snapback]

that is enough for me.... an ominous probability.....

ok, now another question I wasn't able to find in the FAQ's....

What is the time of the 10 year green card issuance.... 2 years from date of marriage.... or from entry to USA?

The fee is $200. Include all the supporting evidence that you have (that you are indeed living together as husband and wife), such as bank statements showing common account, mortgage, automobile titles, utility bills addressed to both, pictures.....whatever you have, the more the better. It only took about 3 weeks to get NOA after sending in our I-751.

Even if you are denied, you will just go to a hearing together and show more evidence and convince them. The burden is upon them to prove that you are NOT living together as husband and wife (not the other way around). :clapping:

More info here

I don't post so often nowadays.  I notice that the "blue thingie" system has changed.  I am now, "Out of Control."  I love it. :clapping:

150206[/snapback]

Actualy you can change that to anything you want :beer: