Some Good News at Last!

Greetings from China.

We finally received some good news today from DOS - the (second) name check, begun in mid-October 2004, was completed on August 15, 2005! At last, we're in the interview mix, and our CFL timeline estimates can be updated from the ???? category to the interview date category.

I telephoned DOS from China on Thursday (China time), had a mercifully brief on-hold time. The DOS woman who answered the phone took the case number and name and - before I could say anything else - said "you mean this case has been pending since October 2004?!" She said she'd have the "DOS security officer" check it out, asked for my name and email, and said she'd send email info as soon as they knew what was up.

Today I received the email. Name check completed August 15, info sent to Guangzhou, interview should be scheduled shortly. No explanation why it took 10 months, but I didn't expect one.

At last, forward and onward!

:lol: Congratulations :lol:

You made it out of name check Hell :o Well who ever that lady was that you talked to obviously pushed it through. You ought to send her a dozen roses :lol: Here's hope to you for a quick interview :o

Guest ShaQuaNew
Greetings from China.

We finally received some good news today from DOS - the (second) name check, begun in mid-October 2004, was completed on August 15, 2005!.....

At last, forward and onward!

147057[/snapback]

:toot::redblob::ok:CONGRATULATIONS! :surprise::clapping::toot:

Edited by fitnlivly (see edit history)

FANTASTIC !!! congratulations, a "timely" call made it happen...

best wishes for a successful interview!!

I'm really happy to hear that you are moving forward again. I looked at your timeline and realised that your I129F was submitted only 60 days after ours. It's hard to imagine what you've been through with this. I hope that you can both stay strong through these dark days and wish you a speedy path the rest of the way.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and congrats. We're happy to finally be on the home stretch.

If there's a lesson to be learned after a 10 month wait it's to keep communicating, and to try every avenue. It's almost impossible to know what might shake things loose. For example, I wrote to one of my state's senators and received an unsatisfactory reply from her office. However, the simple fact that the senator's office called DOS a couple of times DID coincide with DOS telephoning the senator's office to request my SO's date of birth. (??!!)

I suppose many conclusions can be drawn from that coincidence, and completion of the name check about six weeks later. But the lesson is the same - hang in there, keep your cool, and keep communicating.